Yamaha announces 2011 availability of the Super Tenere and the FZ8 in the US

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Yamaha Announces New 2011 Star Stryker and Availability in U.S. Market of Super Tenere and FZ8 MotorcycleDaily.com – Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews

Yamaha made some 2011 model announcements for the U.S. Market this morning. A number of our readers have expessed an interest in the Super Tenere adventure bike previously available in the European market, only. Well, Yamaha is bringing the bike to the U.S. for the 2011 model year through a “Priority Delivery Program” at Yamaha dealerships beginning in September. To get one, you will have to place a $500 deposit with your dealer, and expect delivery of the bike beginning in May of 2011. The starting U.S. MSRP will be $13,900, and the bike will be available in blue (as pictured above).

The Super Tenere was tested by MD here, and left a quite favorable impression. It offers huge gas tank capacity and capable handling, both on-road and off. Yamaha has stressed mass centralization, and the handling prowess of the Super Tenere, and early returns indicate they hit the mark.

Also available in the U.S. for 2011 will be the FZ8 Naked announced last year in Europe. In many ways, it is a smaller displacement version of the U.S. market FZ1. At 779cc, it reportedly offers a good mix of low-end torque and high-end pull . . . a merging of the characteristics of 1,000cc nakeds with 600cc nakeds. We will see what we think when we get a chance to test one.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool! But after reading an FZ8 riding report, I'd almost be inclined to buy a new leftover FZ1 and convert it to naked myself. But it's a good thought and I'm glad to see a production streetfighter available here in the US.

BDazzler

Reaction score
Visit site
This means the FZ6 is dead, at least in the USA. :( I wish they had the "s" version of the FZ8 as an option too, or still had the FZ6. Oh well. I found an '07 FZ1 in Cobalt Blue for a decent price and < 1800 miles. I never got to ride an FZ6, even though I wanted to.

I'll miss you FZ6. RIP!

PS FZ1 is offered in Silver only for '11.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was gonna go to a dealership in Idaho this weekend and look at a used BMW R1200 GS, with 8,000 on the clock, for $10,000. But since it's almost fall and the Tenere is coming, I don't think I will. :rockon:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well.. thats good news.. but is the fz8 opnly going to be offered in naked form?? and if its really going to come in at $8600 then thats not really that bad of a deal.. considering i paid $6800 for my fz6 new in 05... little under $2k more sounds like an ok deal to me...

i would just wonder if i can get givi top/side cases on it...