WTB HeliBar Clipons

Ben_H

Reaction score
Visit site
i have a used set they are in ok condition i can send you a picture if you want looking for $60.00 shipped

ecca

Reaction score
Visit site
i have a used set they are in ok condition i can send you a picture if you want looking for $60.00 shipped

I'll take those pictures, and how did they get okay, a drop or something?(which would be fine) or just use?

I really don't mind - like I'm not going to say "**** off!"($60 is a good price) if you tell me you crashed with them and scraped up one side, because I really don't care, just curious - but yeah, I am definitely interested in them.

Include all the parts they came with to install without having to look around online desperately for the right bolts and such?

Last edited:

Ben_H

Reaction score
Visit site
i bought them used but did not use them they have been driiled for different controlls and they do not look like they have been dropped

ecca

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll take those and try them out I guess, who usually sends first in private trades, the person sending the money or the person sending the product? I will have to be using a money order for $60 because I don't have a paypal account linked to a bank(yeah, I know, welcome to 2012 - but I just use credit cards when I order **** online and never went through the hassle).

I would like to be able to make sure they fit the the forks before sending money, but that may or may not be unreasonable of me(lol), I guess it's just $60 so it doesn't really matter. Let me know what you want to do via PM.

I'll be checking back all night tonight until like 11pm when I go to work, let me know.

Last edited:

ecca

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in Buffalo on the other side of the state(basically), by the Great Lakes - I almost want to just drive to you to save the hassle of shipping, but it would take 7 hours. So let me check, it looks like I CAN paypal you money from a credit card like we're doing an ebay type thing.

so I'm going to do that. Will PM you my shipping info.

edit: money sent, $60 heading your way.

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
Is your FZ naked? I ask cause I am not sure clip-ons will clear the fairings or the tank.

ecca

Reaction score
Visit site
Is your FZ naked? I ask cause I am not sure clip-ons will clear the fairings or the tank.

Yeah, it is now in the process of being converted(hence the clipons).. I can't stand the feeling of the original bars.. seriously kills the bike for me to be sitting up in the 'sit up and beg' position, especially without SS rearsets - I bought the bike because I was going to be touring cross country on it ..did that, lol, now I'm back and it's killing me to have a sport-touring bike only - and I just don't have the money to get an R6 or R1, so this is it for me right now.

but that's the thing..it's NOT just a "sport-touring" bike, the fz6 is incredible and I love it, with the right tires and personalization(like bars..even tilting the stock bars backward toward you), makes it feel like exactly the kind of bike you want to be riding on the streets from just point a to b, to highway at 130mph(if you want to lose your license), to twisty back-country roads ..everything.

But yeah .. I need the clipons, and it is worth taking the front fairing off if it doesn't fit.. and I need to do it, or shave the plastics off a bit.

The one thing I was not willing to do was bring the front forks up through the yoke and change the geometry of the bike and have to mess with the fork springs and oil and etc. Hence the Helibars.

Last edited:

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope it's not the case, but one fella on here had to dent in the front sides of his tank so the clip-ons wouldn't make contact when turning. I will try and fine the thread for you.

They also have some clip-ons that you can buy which adjust up and down so you can fine that sweet spot...though they cost a pretty penny.