WTB: Front Fairing, mirrors, handlebars, etc.

roleya

Reaction score
Visit site
For a 2005 FZ6ST

All needed parts:
5VX-2835G-10-00 BODY, FRONT UPPER 1 (front fairing)
5VX-28356-00-00 STAY 1 (Bracket which mounts fairing and mirrors to front forks)
5VX-2836K-10-00 PANEL, INNER 1 (Front-side upper Fairing, L)
5VX-2836L-10-00 PANEL, INNER 2 (Front-side upper Fairing, R)
5VX-26280-00-00 REAR VIEW MIRROR Assembly L
5VX-26290-00-00 REAR VIEW MIRROR Assembly R
5VX-26111-00-00 HANDLEBAR

Parts I would like:
5VX-2830C-00-P4 VISOR, SIDE 1 (Front-side lower Fairing, L)
5VX-28381-31-00 WINDSHIELD
5VX-28376-00-00 TRIM for windshield
5VX-Y2410-30-07 FUEL TANK
90338-06004-00 PLUG for handlebar bolts
5VX-84310-20-00 HEADLIGHT UNIT ASSEMBLY (Plastic casing for headlights)
5VX-84359-20-00 CORD, HEADLIGHT

Last edited:

roleya

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure of the common names for all of these parts, but you could search for them in google (they seem to have all small images)

I've updated the descriptions, but if there's anything you're not sure of, I'll try to find a better picture/description of it again.

TexasFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Just a thought....go naked. I'm doing the naked conversion right now. It's going to be cheaper and better (in my opinion) than stock. There are tons of threads on different headlight options. Though I haven't hooked mine up yet (just got it yesterday and need to make brackets), I rode it up the street and back without the fairing. It truly feels like a new bike and a really cool riding experience. Check out the pics of the streetfighters on this forum. They look awesome. Without that "unique" half fairing, the FZ is really a rockin' bike!

P.S. No offense intended to the guys with fairings...I had one till recently. And don't ask if I have the stock parts....they kinda exploded...

Last edited:

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
I have handlebars from an 08. Don't see why they wouldn't fit. They'll need some cleaning up, but they're fine. A little bit of surface rust. The bar ends are toast though. The right one stuck and I wound up using a pipe wrench to take it off. The left one had a little custom rework from the pavement.

They've just been sitting under my workbench since I put the Rizoma bars on mine. I only changed them cause the insurance company was paying me to replace the bars, cause the dealer put it on the quote for me. But the dealer showed me the bars were perfect, just rusted, but if someone else was paying for it...

Let me know. They need some cosmetic work, so I can let them go for $20 plus shipping. If you want I can paint and clear coat them for you. I kind of like painting, but I'm going to have to charge you for the paint. Cause, I don't have anything but black or easter egg blue and I ran out of clear. :D

EDIT: I also have a tank with just a minor scrape on the side, (as in, it just barely cut through the paint) but I don't know if that'd fit since it's from an 08.

Last edited:

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Sure. I kind of like painting/building/modding so as long as you cover the materials it'd be fine by me.

Since you're covering the materials, I can paint it whatever color you want too. Metallic, cameleon, whatever. I want to try laying my own carbon fiber, but I haven't ever done it before so you'd be the guinea pig for that one. :D It doesn't look too hard with the vacuum form technique. I was going to try it on my moles first. The left one is all scratched up from where someone played with it in the parking lot. Sinking feeling walking out from work seeing your bike on it's side...

I do have access to a paint booth and all the tools, so it should come out looking nice. But I can only use it on weekends, when the shop isn't using it. Just to give you an idea on any lead times. It just came down to insurance was paying for a brand new tank, so why not just get the new one? No dents, so it'll just need a small dab of bondo to smooth out the scratched metal, and then repaint the tank.

Oh, and I'm an Electronics Tech by trade, so painting/modding etc, is really just a hobby for me. Wish I could find some of my pics of the Katana I used to have to show you that I have actually painted something before. lol. I'd say you could look at my HID projector install, but you can't really see the paint job in the pics, and it has to be the worst paint I've ever done anyway.

That's what I get for being in a hurry and not deciding until the last minute to paint. I'm pulling that apart this weekend and custom vacuum forming a shroud for the housings. I'm sticking some LED's in the shroud too!

EDIT: One quart of whatever color you want, one quart of any "effects" you want (candy, metallic, cameleon), and one quart of clear should cover the tank and handlebars. I'll cover the wet sandpaper, tack cloth, and new buffing pads.

Last edited:

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's some pics of the tank and handlebar while they were still on the bike. You can see there isn't much surface rust on the handlebars. Most of it is under the throttle grip and under the clamp on the triple tree. I do still actually have the bar ends (I think), and if I'm painting everything else, two more little pieces wouldn't be a big deal.

These were taken the day of the accident. See the road dust still on the frame. :(

2010-12-29131637.jpg

2010-12-29131716.jpg