WTB: 07 FZ6 Fan /Blower Assy

birdsonbat

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am needing to replace my fan motor for my 07 FZ6. Does anyone have one they are selling? If not, does anyone have any suggestions on the best place for the best price? Thanks ahead of time.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Hey guys,

I am needing to replace my fan motor for my 07 FZ6. Does anyone have one they are selling? If not, does anyone have any suggestions on the best place for the best price? Thanks ahead of time.

I thought the blower for the '07 and later models was ridiculously priced.... so I checked on the price on the one used from '04 to '06.... it costs $400+ compared to the $200+ for the '07 and later.

This strikes me as incredibly over priced for a 12V fan. It's a simple enough part, used on just about every water cooled engine in existence. Volume production should make this very inexpensive.

I would take the burnt out blower assembly to the local auto parts store, and see what a 12V blower that will match your bolt pattern would cost. I can't imagine it's going to be in the $200 range.

If you can sort out the PN on the motor itself, possibly finding the mfg, and mfg pn, we can probably figure out how many CFM you need, and what sort of amperage the system thinks the fan will draw.

As long as the assembly is thin enough to fit in the available space, and runs off 12V.... how hard could it be to fit a different fan?

R1kky

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All

i have troubles with my fan too (fz6 N1 =)))
my friend offered fan from fz1, image below (somekind of Denso, 065000-4001, 12v, 12G15, distanse between mounting holes 92,5mm, diameter 137mm
2f10f7d82a17.jpg

what you think if it fits to mine?

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
I had the same issue last summer. Went to a scrap and got a replacement fan motor from a Kawasaki for $40. For it to fit on the FZ6, I used the FZ6's original mount, connector and fan blade. All fitted in easily enough. The fan is still working perfectly today.

The part number was different but the motor was made from the same manufacturer. At the time, I was also looking to buy the motor directly from the manufacturer but they only sell to OEMs.

If you do not want to pay full price, your best bet is to bring your fan to a garage / scrap and let me them find a replacement.

R1kky

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for feedback, i'll check this.

because it's still confusing how such simple part of motorcycle cost so much, i think it should be no more than 100-150usd for new one =) in Russia it's price from catalogues - about 500$, from europe - about 220+shipping costs.

what is assumed under "connector"? is it additional part i should findout?

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Ya I know. When I got into motorcycling last year, I was shocked by the price of parts :eek: A year later, I'm starting to get used to it. Not sure if that's a good thing.

If you find a fan motor that fits the original bracket but the connector / plug does not fit the FZ6, you don't need to buy a new connector / plug (see sample picture). Just use the connector from your old defective fan.

Use a small screwdriver and remove the pins one by one on the connector of the new fan and plug it into the old connector. Just make sure you use the same color pattern as the original or you might damage the new fan.

thanks for feedback, i'll check this.

because it's still confusing how such simple part of motorcycle cost so much, i think it should be no more than 100-150usd for new one =) in Russia it's price from catalogues - about 500$, from europe - about 220+shipping costs.

what is assumed under "connector"? is it additional part i should findout?