Wow

Jajarm

Reaction score
Visit site
After 6 months of cold storage up here in ND my bike started today in +14F cranked right up like it wasn't even stored I am astounded by this bike.

BamBam77

Old but still riding
Reaction score
Visit site
I would guess getting rid of carburetors on the bike:thumbup:
makes a big difference in starting problems:cheer:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you have your battery on a tender? I don't use one thru the winter but make sure I ride at least once a month, and sometimes it barely turns over (always has, though!) :cheer:

Jajarm

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep it's been on a tender all winter I do the normal stabil in the tank lube all the levers/pivot points on the bike use synthetic oil and i've had good luck making it through the long ND winters I've had lots of bikes but none more versitile than this FZ6. I'm always tempted to go back to a superbike or some other more specialized type of bike but just can't give up the all around goodness of this one.

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
After 6 months of cold storage up here in ND my bike started today in +14F cranked right up like it wasn't even stored I am astounded by this bike.

Ain't it cool? Mine sometimes sits for up to a month, in an unheated garage, and it has always lit up with one quick jab on the starter button. I love it!
(My son's carbureted Ninja.....not the case : (

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
right.. mines been though 5 winters (working on its 6).. still has the original battery and every time it cranks right over.. sabilize in the tank and its all set.. i do throw mine on the center stand and then use a couple of blocks of wood on the forks to keep the tires off the ground.. dunno if sitting for a winter would give me flat spots, but i'll never know.. :thumbup: