Would you buy this?

The price seems like it would be less than most motorcycle trailers.

I see pros:
-compact and easy to store
-seems user friendly ( I like the ramp)
-price

cons:
-400+ plus pounds is a ton of tongue weight to put on a hitch
-A trailer has brake/directional lights, this does not. Seems like the bike mounted up would block the lights

So... yes or no? I would lean toward yes, mostly becuase I would not have room to store a trailer

good luck deciding

Looks like an easy way to haul your bike around, but, (as FB400 said), covering the brake/indicators isn't a good idea.

An easy way around that, make up some auxillary lights, mount to the back of the hauler, and make up a wiring harness to plug into the trailer socket.

Unsure of the laws there, but here in Oz, you'd also need another license plate as the original is covered by the bike. They can't get you going through speed cameras if the plate is hidden, and the police here need their revenue...lol

:rockon:

Back in the 90's, I bought one that was recommended in a dirt bike mag to use for my dirt bike. I even added tail lights to it. Unfortunately, the outriggers for the tie downs weren't long enough and the clamping hitch pin didn't stop back and forth wobble. The bike would move a lot on bumpy roads, even when I winched it down hard. Then one day the handlebar dented my truck. I never used it again.

I'd never say never, but do your research before you spend the cash.

wife said to not question durability of anything (trailer hitch, Stinger, or Stoway), and just find a used Kendon trailer....Problem solved :)

I would go to a trailer place and buy some lights and mount them to it then wire them to a trailer plug and plug them in. Then you would be squared.

wife said to not question durability of anything (trailer hitch, Stinger, or Stoway), and just find a used Kendon trailer....Problem solved :)

Yeah, I'm with your wife it seems. Those things look pretty sketchy to me. BTW, where are all the "ride the bike to where it's going" responses? Tehee.

Just make sure you got at least a class 4 hitch that's alot of of weight on the hitch when there is no axle to help like on a trailer.

Back