Worth it PC5?

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im thinking about making the PC5 my next mod. For those of you that have installed a power commander...

Do you think it was worth it?
Did it make a diffrence in bike performance?

Thank you for all input.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well is it worth it...you've got to ask yourself punk...sorry wrong movie...:rolleyes:

I think for smoothing out the FI system, beefing up the mid range, and over all throttle response it is, IF, you get it tuned.

Madman posted today that the new unit was on sale for about $280, that is a great deal considering the flexiblity of the new system. I paid $250 for my PC3 used and thought I got a great deal, so yes the PC5 is a very good value. Now can our bike benefit from all of the new features, I dunno. If you had an R6 and were a top 5 racer in your local club, yes. For street ridding an FZ6, probably not. Now keep in mind if you can find a tuner who know how to set up all of the features, and assuming our bike has the ability to use all of the features it would probably be pretty sweet.

Pro level dyno tuning time is $100 an hour so you really need to find a person who knows their stuff. I also suspect many of the features are for a data collection system for a tuner to make adjustment for a given track or section of track, ie: the banking at Daytona.

Overall on paper it looks like a great system.