Wootten Bassett Afgan Heroes run.

von_trippenhopf

Reaction score
Visit site
Fancy showing some support for the folks who show their utmost respect for our troops? Check out this charity run on March 14th.....

Afghan Heroes - Charity Supporting British Forces in Afghanistan

21831_277116777000_590922000_3942285_6597378_n.jpg

Jonno271

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm off to a photo shoot this afternoon with the organisers of this event. We're going to have our photo taken on the pan here at RAF Lyneham in front of one of the Hercules with a presentation to the Station Commander for sums raised...

Hopefully it'll be in next months RAF news and maybe some other media, I'll find out later. I'll have to get a copy and upload a scan so you can all see my now not so shiney bike! What a day for a photo, a Friday. Could've done it Monday when me bike was clean lol!

Jonno271

Reaction score
Visit site
Video link to the article covering Sundays charity ride...

BBC - Points West - Latest stories (click the Points West link)...

You can just make me out at the back of the group riding toward the aircraft then I'm the one loitering in the hi viz jacket in the background during the interview with the organizer with my bike just over her left shoulder!

Last edited:

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Well done to all those who did the run :thumbup:

I couldn't make this,but am doing a run for HFH in June.

Last edited:

Bagzter

Reaction score
Visit site
what a shame one "journalist" decided to have a dig about it on his blog. said blog has now been removed from the Mirror online site, but, the gist of it is this.

"And the Mirror says we’re “annoying gas-guzzlers”!

Mirror newspaper columnist Chris Hughes has caused fury with an online column calling the charity ride-out through Wootton Bassett ‘annoying’.

In the online piece, Hughes states: “Now we've seen it all - hundreds of bikers showing their "solidarity with frontline troops," by trundling their petrol guzzling and fume spewing steeds through Wootton Bassett.”

He goes on to say: “But I wonder if someone - just for a change - could set a trend by doing something they hate doing to raise money for good causes. And something that isn't so public and... well.... so annoying?”"

Taken from MCN write up on their site.

btw, they seem to have missed the "hairy biker" comment he made

now where can i;

A. get a wig
B. learn how to trundle
and
C. totally screw up the fuelling on my bike
:D

Bagzter

Reaction score
Visit site

why is it when ever we (I use the word "we" as in the royal "we" to define the biking community at large) try to achieve something worthwhile, and for a bloody good cause, we always seem to get kicked in the balls by ignorant, intolerant, uneducated idiots that always seem to know what is best for the community in general. God forbid we develop a sense of individualism in their eyes... they'll have us bound in straight jackets and shipped off to the colonies!!