Wonderful Ride, Disappointing Destination

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ahhh, GREAT ride. 220 miles roundtrip to Morgantown,WV. Excellent weather. Just love those curves on Rt 50. This was my first road trip other than the day I bought the bike.

So why was Morgantown disappointing? Well, I was supposed to be attending the BRC-2 course there at the Morgantown Mall. I was early and that probably jinxed it 'cause I'm always the one that shows up at the last minute. Two other guys showed up almost as early. We had a great time talking. But eventually we realized that the instructor was a bit late. We called the contact number for the local coordinator. No answer. I got lucky and happened to catch a state guy (Chuck) in the office. He wasn't supposed to be there but he made some calls. After an hour and a half I had found the mall office and located the classroom where the BRC-1 starts. But nobody was home. The state guy said he'd figure things out Tuesday, the day after Columbus Day, and then he'll call the three of us. We're hoping they do one more session of BRC-2.

Bummer. But the ride was excellent, and maybe I'll have to do it again next week. Awww.

BTW, the shaved down seat did NOT kill my butt. But I AM tired.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just think how awesome it'll be next time you have to ride there!! You'll have another 220 miles of experience. :Sport:

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Brenda. I prefer to see the positive side. I suspect it was a communications glitch with the MSF folks. I'm hoping for one more Saturday with no rain.