Wisconsin trip - Pictures

FzPilot

Reaction score
www.borczm.com
Went out camping in Wisconsin, past weekend, weather was great bike performed flawlessly as always (even the bm'rs did better this time ;))

DSC04344.jpg

DSC04361.jpg

DSC04379.jpg

DSC04383.jpg

DSC04389.jpg

DSC04375.jpg

DSC_07062.jpg

Next trip: Tennessee!!!

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome pictures! I went camping too over the long weekend, and my helmet looked very similar to yours.:eek:

Where in WI did you camp? I was near Wild Rose enjoying the wonderful weather.

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pics! I actually took your campfire picture and made it my desktop....gorgeous.:rockon:

FzPilot

Reaction score
www.borczm.com
Great pics! I actually took your campfire picture and made it my desktop....gorgeous.:rockon:

Thanks! If you want i'll email you the full resolution :)

Wolfc,

We went to the Wild Cat state park, however the camp grounds at the park were full, so we stayed in another town nearby.

I must say, Wisconsin cage drivers are some of the nicest I've encountered, always going out of their way to let the motorcycles pass :thumbup: the cops were very cool too!

We've managed to clock more than 600 miles.

KindredGhost

Reaction score
Visit site
Holy sh*t those are big saddle bags! Were you worried about putting to much weight into them?

KG

P.S.
I don't suppose you know what the max weight is you could put on saddlebags? Or is that restricted to the manufacturer?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Escape to Wisconsin~~

Thanks for the pics,

I too have save one of your pics and used it as my desktop. But the one with the bugs on the helmet.:justkidding:

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! If you want i'll email you the full resolution :)

Wolfc,

We went to the Wild Cat state park, however the camp grounds at the park were full, so we stayed in another town nearby.

I must say, Wisconsin cage drivers are some of the nicest I've encountered, always going out of their way to let the motorcycles pass :thumbup: the cops were very cool too!

We've managed to clock more than 600 miles.

Ontario WI is absolutely beautiful, and lots of nice roads. Did you go up to the top of Mount Pisgah? You can see the rolling valleys and hills for miles. One of my favorite places. That and you are close to LaCrosse and the Misssissippi river valley which is very scenic also.

I also recommend Wyalusing State Park, the look out where the Mississippi and Wisconsin rivers meet is a sight to see.

I will try and post some pics of my loaded Fz6 from my camping adventure.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
That's awesome you went camping with the bike. I'll be doing that someday. I rode a night in the desert here in Cali (5 frwy back from Sacramento) and my visor looked like that after about 5 minutes of dusk riding! Great photos!

FzPilot

Reaction score
www.borczm.com
Wolf, I'll have to check out that place!

Cali Rider,

My equipment was very basic, the best part were the bags, by far my favorite purchase for this bike. (second is wheel chair seat cushion and throttle hold)

The tent is 2 person Coleman, very small package and super easy to setup! Coleman - Sundome - 7 x 5 Tent -

The sleeping bag is a very very warm, relatively inexpensive Ozark trail arctic mummy bag.
very similar to this one, except mine is made by ozark trail (also purchased at walmart)

The sleeping mat is simple foam mat, not the most comfortable, but very, very light.

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool pics....:thumbup: Everytime I go camping I bring so much stuff, I don't think I could go with what little I could carry on the fizzer....although those bags look like they can hold ALOT of beer...:thumbup:

FzPilot

Reaction score
www.borczm.com
Nice pics. If you don't mind could you post the packing list and weight distribution in the saddle bags?

really not too much, I don't know about the weight however.

Flash light, bottle of Windex, roll of paper towels, mp3 player, tent, sleeping bag, sleeping mat, first aid kit, knife, towel, jeans, t-shirt, camera, I-pass, flat tire kit.
I think that's it, like I've mentioned earlier, these bags are awesome, I wish I picked up another set! (no longer made)