[Winter Mods] CBR Clip Ons, Re Painted, Rim Strips, Scopion exhuast and flush mounts.

Brad

Senpai
Reaction score
Visit site
Original color was blue

Loving the scorpion exhaust sound. Thanks "mstewar1" for selling it to me!

Winter here still so I can't ride. Its a very hard wait. The bike is a 2006 btw

Mods:
  • Repainted to gloss Black
  • New Scorpion Exhaust
  • Front Signal Flush mounts
  • Red Stripes on the Rims
  • Modified Shifter/Rear Break (Lowered)
  • Clip on Handle Bars/Lowered Front End

DSCF0256.jpg

DSCF0260.jpg

DSCF0267.jpg

Exhaust

DSCF0261.jpg

Flushmounts

DSCF0243.jpg

Clip on's

DSCF0270.jpg

Rim Strips

DSCF0251.jpg

:D

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
looks great, one question, the clip-ons, what type, year, bar ends, and how is the tank clearence, and does it make a diffrerence or does it make a BIG difference on the rideing position, do you get that very aggresive rideing position

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice looking bike, like the clip-ons...have you thought of taking the top clamp off, and taking off the bar risers in the middle, then refinishing it, with powdercoat, or paint, would look great.

:thumbup:

Brad

Senpai
Reaction score
Visit site
looks great, one question, the clip-ons, what type, year, bar ends, and how is the tank clearence, and does it make a diffrerence or does it make a BIG difference on the rideing position, do you get that very aggresive rideing position

CBR XX Blackbird, Honda's discontinued 1100 CC bike. Year:1999
No bar ends yet but prob wont be hard to find. Hopefully

The way mine are positioned they don't hit the tank at all. Tho the ignition box/starter (?) hits the fairing. The fairing flex's tho so it does not hinder anything. If I properly aligned it better it would not touch at all I'm sure. I also have them risen about another half inch from the triple clamp cause of the ignition box. If I aligned the box correctly it could probably stay flush with the triple clamp without touching. < need to do this

After doing it, the upper section of my body felt like sitting on my buds super sport in a way. With some custom rearset's to push the pegs back further you would probably feel the same all the way through.

For Example Aggressive Sitting. To give you a idea imo
Normal FZ6 5
Mine 8
My friends gixxer 10

As for feeling I have more confidence and have lowered my lean angle after doing the mod. The clip on's went on a few weeks before the last weeks of riding season in Michigan were the rest was when the snow flew.

Last edited:

Brad

Senpai
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice looking bike, like the clip-ons...have you thought of taking the top clamp off, and taking off the bar risers in the middle, then refinishing it, with powdercoat, or paint, would look great.

:thumbup:

Love the bike but ill move to something newer later in a few years I like trying new things so new bike eventually :). So i'd like to keep them on just in case of re sell purposes.

Edit:

Note: I don't weigh much(130) so I can't really give you a accurate description of the suspension change.

Last edited:

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
CBR XX Blackbird, Honda's discontinued 1100 CC bike. Year:1999
No bar ends yet but prob wont be hard to find. Hopefully

The way mine are positioned they don't hit the tank at all. Tho the ignition box/starter (?) hits the fairing. The fairing flex's tho so it does not hinder anything. If I properly aligned it better it would not touch at all I'm sure. I also have them risen about another half inch from the triple clamp cause of the ignition box. If I aligned the box correctly it could probably stay flush with the triple clamp without touching. < need to do this

After doing it, the upper section of my body felt like sitting on my buds super sport in a way. With some custom rearset's to push the pegs back further you would probably feel the same all the way through.

For Example Aggressive Sitting. To give you a idea imo
Normal FZ6 5
Mine 8
My friends gixxer 10

As for feeling I have more confidence and have lowered my lean angle after doing the mod. The clip on's went on a few weeks before the last weeks of riding season in Michigan were the rest was when the snow flew.

Thanks Brad, reguarding the rear sets, OSOK had machined up some pairs of rear set back plates, and a bunch of us here bought them and the worked perfectly so that might be something you might me looking to do and it's WAY chaeper then rear sets. Very simple to do, and his write up on the install was dead on, so look into in and it might be something you would IMOP you should do.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice mods!

Where did you get the clip-ons? This looks like exactly what I want to do for clip-ons, I want the aggressiveness but not full-on. How complicated was the install?

Brad

Senpai
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice mods!

Where did you get the clip-ons? This looks like exactly what I want to do for clip-ons, I want the aggressiveness but not full-on. How complicated was the install?

I just got a pair of Honda CBR1100XX clip on's off ebay. Year 1999/1998, all years should work if they have not changed the size.

All you do is put the bike on the center stand, loosen the 4 bolts holding the forks then slide them on. Adjust and tighten then your good to go.

Brad

Senpai
Reaction score
Visit site
Few more pic's

DSCF0287.jpg

DSCF0276.jpg

Was 65 yesterday in Michigan :O Pulled the bike out for a ride. These images be a week or so old.

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
do you not have room for bar ends? the only problem i would see is that with my rizoma grips and bar ends.. i had to push the master cylinder towards the center more to allow for the bar ends to reach the threads of the handle bars... so my question is i guess.. how much play to you have with these clip ons? how long are they? Thanks

excuse my crude photo.. just trying to do a quick illustration to explain my situaton.
untitled-4.jpg

Brad

Senpai
Reaction score
Visit site
do you not have room for bar ends? the only problem i would see is that with my rizoma grips and bar ends.. i had to push the master cylinder towards the center more to allow for the bar ends to reach the threads of the handle bars... so my question is i guess.. how much play to you have with these clip ons? how long are they? Thanks

excuse my crude photo.. just trying to do a quick illustration to explain my situaton.
untitled-4.jpg

I think I get what your asking. I haven't adjusted everything perfectly yet but at the moment the stock hand grips hang off slightly.

I'll grab some close up pic's and measure them tomorrow if possible.