Winter as arrived.

So here's my bike warming up this morning when the temperture was at 1 F or -17 C.

I only have to negotiate that not so great surface conditions throughout the complex and one or two blocks worth of side street. Major roads are clear. But trying to get to certain business including parking, getting fuel can be bit challenging.

We have had snow since Christmas, it has not melted due to the weather inversion. They said it's the coldest January ever recorded, figures, my first winter here.

P1020217.jpg

I wonder if some "knobbie", off road tires would fit? :rolleyes:

Hope you don't get too much flooding :eek:, Its been sub zero over here for over 3 weeks now and I haven't riden for a couple of weeks now due to the snow. Yesterday it was snowing but it is raining today, and I'm happy that all the snow is finally melting :cheer: luckily the Netherlands is less prone to flooding, as the UK has been these last few years (I saw quite a bit of flooding when I was over at christmas) :eek:. good luck

well well well, the rain has given way to splendid sunshine if a little breezy.

I'm off out on the BIKE!!!!!!

I can beat that, I've been dealing with riding in the frigid cold for two week straight. The snow has yet to melt on the side streets. Thank goodness for heated gear.

Temp (°C)Now-12°Yesterday-30°RealFeel®-11°RealFeel® Shade-11°Wind Chill-14°Dew Point-14°
Hi / LoPrevious 6 Hours-6°-12°Previous 12 Hours-6°-16°Previous 24 Hours-6°
Have up changed your coolant to coolant (perhaps the wrong word in this context) to battle the harsh riding conditions?

Neil

Have up changed your coolant to coolant (perhaps the wrong word in this context) to battle the harsh riding conditions?

Neil

Yes, coming from the extremely hot weather climate, I use to run Wetter Better combined with distilled water and 15% anti-freeze, I have swapped it out with 50/50 anti-freeze coolant back in the fall in anticipation of the below freezing temps that I would be experiencing during the winter. But I never expected that it would get to zero degree or minus 17C conditions for so many days.

Last edited:
It felt like summer this morning riding in, even had a little summer storm with sideways torrential rain at lunchtime!

Back