Windscreen help

pinsky190

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone know where I can buy a tall windscreen for my 2005 FZ6? I realize the CalSci won't work and I've been reading that the Puig's don't fit nicely. What are my other options?

ChromeX

Reaction score
Visit site
If you want "some" more protection over stock the factory tall does pretty good except will create some turbulance right at neck/chin.
There is no other out there for up to "06" that acts like a "touring sheild".
I've experimented with making my own ... works very well just have to perfect the process (craftmanship).

616ah

Reaction score
Visit site
I have to wonder if installing a vent or a scoop to draw a controlled amount of air behind the windscreen would help to realieve some of the low pressure and perhapse reduce turbulance issues with the taller screens?

Perhapse this could be an option to keep some ballance of wind protection and sanity as the stock screen has issues IMO and seems to be a recuring theme.

Just a thought.

pinsky190

Reaction score
Visit site
I ended up getting the puig screen from ebay. The wind turbulance is noticeably less with this screen.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ended up getting the puig screen from ebay. The wind turbulance is noticeably less with this screen.

I am pretty sure now that the height of the rider plays a big part regarding how good the DB is. I am 5`9" tall and think it is about the same as the stock screen. Taller riders think it is a great improvement.

Steve

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been in touch with Cee Baileys. They have a super sweet touring screen. I also got the 411 that if we contact directly and speak with someone in sales we can get 20% off. I was checking the 22 inch at $150 - 20% = $120. Not sure what the shipping is on that.

H311, I'm gonna call and order it tomorrow.

Ashbone

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone know where I can buy a tall windscreen for my 2005 FZ6? I realize the CalSci won't work and I've been reading that the Puig's don't fit nicely. What are my other options?

Got mine off E Bay for $90, genuine taller Yamaha screen, works a treat for me although it looks butt ugly, oh well at least it is less windy on long rides.

I might do the cut down version mod with my stock screen and see if there is anything in it, you never know till you try it.