will R1 2010 oem pipes fit fz6?

gusss

Reaction score
Visit site
I was just wondering if this pipes fit our bikes...

I know previous models were fitted, and it does look good, sounds good, better than our stock exhaust!
Now the 2010 R1 exhaust is kind of triangle shaped.... it would just look awesome if we could fit this in our bikes...
Any thoughts?

This is one mod I would like to do, only if it is possible!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The 2010 and 2009 OEM R1 pipes should be he same but they are probably one of the ugliest exhaust cans I've ever seen. At least they are on the R1. Maybe as a single in a different configuration they would look better. As an OEM on the R1, they didn't sound bad at all with the new R1 motor. They were a lot better sounding than the OEM exhaust on the FZ6.

The most ugly have to be the OEM cans on the Suzuki B-King. Gawd!!!! They are ugly!!!!

The new gen R1 cans are also bulky so I don't know that they'd look good on the FZ6. To top it off you may find you have to do a lot of fabrication to get them mounted because of shape and size.

There was someone on Youtube that had previous gen. R1 cans on a FZ6 and they looked and sounded great. Found it!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aaKOfczaEU&feature=related]YouTube - FZ6 pots de R1 titane[/ame]

gusss

Reaction score
Visit site
well, I was just looking at the 2010 R1 exhausts at the dealer, and was thinking they would look awesome on the fz6...
I'll just probably buy them, and try to fit them!
wish me luck

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
well, I was just looking at the 2010 R1 exhausts at the dealer, and was thinking they would look awesome on the fz6...
I'll just probably buy them, and try to fit them!
wish me luck

Good luck! :rockon: Too bad we don't live a little closer!

milezero5

Reaction score
Visit site
i dont know about the 2010 pipes, but the o4 r1 titan ones will fit, welding titanium isnt the easiest either, but this whole project only cost me 60 bux( cost of pipes, free labor and materials) they are very quiet, but they flow really well.

Photo0375.jpg

Photo0369.jpg

Photo0376.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The 'Y' pipe is much better than the other aftermarket 'Y' pipes I've seen and that will give you more even flow.

I like those better than any aftremarkets I've seen..

Beautiful Job! Thanks for the picks

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Those look great! I'm sure you could turn a profit picking up some OEM mufflers on ebay, welding the pipe to fit them to FZ6s, and selling them for $150-200ish (depending on cost of materials, amount of labor, etc), a lot of people like me want a different exhaust but $400+ for two cans and a couple feet of pipe is a bit much for such a small performance gain.

gusss

Reaction score
Visit site
i dont know about the 2010 pipes, but the o4 r1 titan ones will fit, welding titanium isnt the easiest either, but this whole project only cost me 60 bux( cost of pipes, free labor and materials) they are very quiet, but they flow really well.

Photo0375.jpg

Photo0369.jpg

Photo0376.jpg

So you are not using the black plastic thing where the tools go?
What is the best way to weld this titanium tubes?

milezero5

Reaction score
Visit site
most of the underseat tray will have to go, i will be cutting it to hold the oem pack of tools and where the seat lock goes. In order to weld ti you need ti, we didnt have any so we hacked off a piece of the r1s pipe we werent using and made welding rods for the tig. If you want to buy a pack of 1lb tig titanium welding rods it almost $150 for it. Technically the proper way to weld ti is using a sealed argon gas chamber, but for practicallity, this works to. And yes i completely agree with afpreppie04 on not wanting to spend almost 800 for some simple cans.
I will post more pics up later of the final work.

gusss

Reaction score
Visit site
most of the underseat tray will have to go, i will be cutting it to hold the oem pack of tools and where the seat lock goes. In order to weld ti you need ti, we didnt have any so we hacked off a piece of the r1s pipe we werent using and made welding rods for the tig. If you want to buy a pack of 1lb tig titanium welding rods it almost $150 for it. Technically the proper way to weld ti is using a sealed argon gas chamber, but for practicallity, this works to. And yes i completely agree with afpreppie04 on not wanting to spend almost 800 for some simple cans.
I will post more pics up later of the final work.

I'll go tomorrow somewhere and try to get this done...
So I guess I should take with me all the pieces that were inside of the mufflers....since I am putting race baffles.....I guess everything inside is titanium....
Thanks for your helpful info...
I have already put the cans... I'm only missing the welding pipe part!
thanks again