Will headlight modulator work?

Atragrob

Reaction score
Visit site
****** Must have made a mistake when I searched, it does work you just have to make sure you order the right adapters for your bulbs******

I have a 2005 FZ6.

I'm the third owner so I don't know all the history.

I believe it has the standard dual headlight mod. Both are on when my low beams are on. High beams work normally.

My question is can I install a headlight modulator on top of the DH mod? Is there any extra considerations?

I'm no electrical guy but I can follow directions.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Generally, dual headlamp mods involve only one filament on the dual filament H4 lamp on the FZ6 unless the headlamp assembly had been otherwise modified. An example would be if the headlamp were maybe a single filament naked conversion etc. There is no way for anyone to know what technical advice to give without further information,
Most FZ6 headlight mods are for one headlamp on one side of the bike and so you would probably modify just that one lamp but you could modulate both low beams if you source your power from the correct low beam wire. It depends on how your modulator works and whether it's power rated to drive 2 lamps and what it's function is with the low beams when the high beam is used. One high beam on the US version of the FZ6 remains on at all times while the modified H4 low beam switches off when the high beam is activated. The modified US version FZ6, utilizes the not normally used low beam filament in the dual filament H4 lamp and switches off the low beam filament when the high beam filament is activated. This prevents the H4 lamp from overheating. :)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cliff, doesn't the modulator simply plug in between 3 prongs on the bulb and the harness?

I would assume that's what it's set up for but the the US version FZ6 with fairing uses 2 lights and this bike is said to have a headlight mod, Assuming it's a plug and play modulator it would only modulate the one H4 lamp and not the other H7 low beam.
Need a little more info on the head light mod, configuration and whether both low beams are going to be modulated. Is the modulator rated to modulate 2 lamps etc?

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree, if its a properly set up, (say BD43 mod and NOT simply spliced off the other light), he'll only have one flashing headlight (LB I think).

And the one light flashing would be plenty.

I think both headlights flashing will get cars moving out of your way as if he was an emergency vehicle...