Wife and I went tandom... got wet!

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Waking up from my first day of a 5 day vacation, my wife says we need to do errands today, and then I can be lazy and play on my PC friday. Going to the bank, so I dress in my khakis with a t shirt, button down shirt, and my nice black leather shoes. I'm looking good. Wife says, I want to ride on the motorcycle. There was no arguing with her. So I changed back into my jeans, put on a tee shirt and geared up. It figures that when I changed I didnt take out my ID when I switched pants. 4.29 per gallon for gas here. Anyway, I get on the weather channel, and its 30% chance Tstorms up to 1pm, then 60%. I told wifey I dont like the rain. She said it wasnt going to rain. Anyway, we stop and get gas, then go to the bank, and she asks me to pull over, because she is cold. I mean, 3 july and she needs to put a jacket on to ride? What happened to global warming? So we take a 60 mile ride from the bank to check out indiana university south west campus, she will be going there after next summer. You know, it started coming down pretty good mid way there. I was really worried, as it was dry when it started. I was afraid the oil and whatever might come up and be a hazard. I"m still pretty new riding, and Just my 6th time riding 2 up, now riding in the rain on a slippery surface was not my cup of tea. We made it back home with no problem. One thing that was funny, I cracked her up just a bit on a good long stretch of highway, i think I hit 80. She started digging her nails into my ribs and thrusting her elbows back and forth really hard. I grit my teeth, dropped to 5th, cracked the throttle. She kept at it, so I dropped to 4th and cracked the throttle harder. She stopped. LOL I slowed back down and made a nice lazy ride on the rest of the way home.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Funny story......love the sqeezing of her nails part. Your friends would think those battle scars came from the bedroom.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good story mate,

Its amazing how your wifes relationship with regard to you owning a bike have changed. I had a similar ride once with my wife (FMP future Mrs Perry at the time). I was a little enthusiastic with the throttle, my wife told me that if I ever road like that again with her on the back. I would be a solo in the future.
Be mindful of scaring your pillion.

Nelly

H

HavBlue

Great story.

Food for thought and something you may want to think about. If you are in an area that is well traveled and this would include the Interstates and freeways, if it hasn't rained in a while and you get hit with a shower pull off the road for about half an hour and get something to eat or drink. The reason for this is dirt and oils that have accumulated since the last rain. These do make the roads slick and that half hour allows them to wash away or at least get a good start in doing so. Sometimes, while sitting at a stop or light you can look down and actually see the blue and green from the oils rising. SoCal was really bad for this and it's something to think about.

Now I'm going for a ride before the rains come back and the cagers hit the road drunk on the 4th of July.

bledubd

FZ6 Naked Epiphany
Reaction score
Visit site
I wish I could get my missus on my bike. But she wont have any of it. She probably prays secretly for me to drop the whole idea of riding.

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you had a good ride despite the rain. My wife and I got caught in a downpour a couple weeks back, but asside from that, we've been pretty lucky so far.

Glad you're being careful until you get comfortable with riding tandem and have more experience under your belt... very smart.

Glad you're both enjoying it! :rockon:

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I'll tell you, my stress level went straight south after my wife decided to make peace with my bike. On the other hand... I do miss my foray's with my bike when her and I we were more exclusive. I dont think my fz6 minds the three way

Mart Man FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
That was a pretty funny story, but I don't know if the elbo thashing thing was a good idea especially if it was raining at the time. Might want to restrict that activity to the BR until you're more experienced riding two up.