Why???

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I live in NYC and LOVE my 2008 FZ6 and will keep her forever.
I really want to buy a lighter bike that will be good for NYC riding, anyone who knows the city knows what I am talking about.
I think that a 250cc is the answer but unfortunately we don't get many options in this country and basically 2 of them have fuel injection (Suzuki tu250x and Yamaha wr250x) I really like the Suzuki but the color is horrible, the Yamaha looks like a dirt bike, the ninja 250 is great but lacks fuel injection, most other 250's are cruisers.
I just want to share these 3 bikes that we cannot get here, specially the third one.
I will wait to see if Honda brings the
VTR250 [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro5yEVVK4PY]YouTube - Honda VTR250[/ame]
Nova CB300R [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH7iTLFqxIo]YouTube - Nova CB300R 2010[/ame]

But the one that they should really bring to the states is the 2011 Fazer 250
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN35Wmu8gQ8]YouTube - Apresentação da nova Yamaha Fazer YS 250 modelo 2011[/ame]

DaveOTZ

Reaction score
Visit site
For what its worth...

Im in Queens, but I take my bike through every boro...
I have a 168 Scoot that is pretty fast and nimble, but after forcing myself to lug the Fizz around I find that the extra power and more importantly the height keep me safe...
I dont know that much about dual purpose bikes, but I find the brakes on our bike to be great for city driving.
The scoot isgood for annoying traffic, but for safety I really do like the Fizz...

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Plain & Simple , VTR250 , the best allround bike in the Honda lineup & seriously , seriously fast in capable hands..... Consider nothing else , if you ever get it....

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I think a Dual Sport with 90% street tires and a nice rack to strap on whatever would handle that urban enviroment. Nice light weight bike that's able to do some pot hole jumping, wheelies off the curb, etc.

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
For what its worth...

Im in Queens, but I take my bike through every boro...
I have a 168 Scoot that is pretty fast and nimble, but after forcing myself to lug the Fizz around I find that the extra power and more importantly the height keep me safe...
I dont know that much about dual purpose bikes, but I find the brakes on our bike to be great for city driving.
The scoot isgood for annoying traffic, but for safety I really do like the Fizz...
Thanks DaveOTZ.
I was thinking about the SH150i since is taller than regular scooters, it has combined breaking system, 16" wheels and they even have the Brooklyn Bridge on the website. I will try to do a road test and that one may be the winner.
take care.

lsherrer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I live in NYC and LOVE my 2008 FZ6 and will keep her forever.
I really want to buy a lighter bike that will be good for NYC riding, anyone who knows the city knows what I am talking about.
I think that a 250cc is the answer but unfortunately we don't get many options in this country and basically 2 of them have fuel injection (Suzuki tu250x and Yamaha wr250x) I really like the Suzuki but the color is horrible, the Yamaha looks like a dirt bike, the ninja 250 is great but lacks fuel injection, most other 250's are cruisers.
I just want to share these 3 bikes that we cannot get here, specially the third one.
I will wait to see if Honda brings the
VTR250 YouTube - Honda VTR250
Nova CB300R YouTube - Nova CB300R 2010

But the one that they should really bring to the states is the 2011 Fazer 250
YouTube - Apresentação da nova Yamaha Fazer YS 250 modelo 2011

The Tu250x is being released in a different color for 2011.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe the new the 250 Ninjas are fuel injected now as well ....

Nup still carbureted , my b-i-l has one....... Still fun to ride though :D for a cowasucki ;)

I stand half corrected :eek: he has just informed me that the european models are :D but not ours for some reason :don'tknow:

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hyosung Motors America - Ridden by the world

i_2010_GT250_WP.jpg

...and it is Fuel Injected.