why, why, why?

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
I used to ride these two but when your 15 it looks kinda silly :rockon:

but anyway I used to ride Honda but i switched to Yamaha...I like the Metric Bikes

green-machine-2006-small-750306.jpg

Marx-Big-Wheel.jpg

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
do you ride the fz6 instead of another motorcycle? style? reliability? fun factor? affordability? what?:Flash:

All of the above.

I think you pretty much nailed it.

I went to dealership to buy a Wee-Strom which ended up being to tall for me. I took my Fazer our for a test ride and HOLY CRAP!!!! :eek:

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
I used to pedal really hard and spin out in the rocks, thought it was the coolest thing ever.

I use to ride the big wheel after a rain...720's were the best!! round and around I would go...praying i wouldn't hit the curb or a car...lol

W

wrightme43

I had always told myself that when I quit drinking, I would get my pilots lic. and my motorcycle lic. My friend had a new ninja 250 and had let me sit on it. One day when I had almost 3 years sober, I saw a bike at a stoplight. I thought WOW that looks just like what I want. It was a SV650. Instead of going home, I turned left and went in the dealership. I looked around and then I saw the FZ6. I almost bought one, but I wanted to wait a bit. I went to the store and bought a copy of motorcyclist. Lo and behold there is that freaking FZ6 again. It ate me up. I just couldnt afford it though. I went on the internet and started researching bikes. I found the ninja250 site. My friend had a ninja 250. I found one on ebay. I bought it. Learned to ride, but still every time I saw the FZ I wanted on. Then the new model came out. I cut the freaking picture out the magazine and carried folded up in pocket. I dreamed about it, I would wake up from dreaming about it. Sold the 250 and got the FZ. Its a freaking awesome bike for what it is. I have been 197xx miles on it since april of 07 15 months. Gravel, rain, whatnot it doesnt care, just goes.

ddg

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking for standard bike ergos, with a little wind protection, and at a decent price and the choices are limited in north america. And the dead sexiness of the FZ6 is just a bonus. However if they made the FZ6 in a 750, I would be camping outside the dealer for the first one.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
For me it's a choice of a day/play bike. I'm to old to have sex with a turtle (sportbike riding position). I really wanted a bike I could ride quickly on our local mountain roads.
Can't beat my FJR for the long rides and smooth power or the dual sports for fun in the dirt but when it comes to tearing up the twisties the 6 does just fine!

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
I got into motorcycles when I was very little. My dad would take me on an old Yamaha (don't know what kind) down the dirt roads and washes on the rez. He would always tell me crazy stories of when he was younger and had his bike. He used to go down the highway while standing on the seat, jump over moving trains, etc. I remember he used to have a big purple BMW touring bike.

That started my obession with motorcycles, and I fell in love with the 04 FZ6 a couple of years before I could drive (that makes me still really young :D) It became my dream bike and I spent a lot of time looking at pictures of it and dreaming of owning one some day. Now, years later, I have a brand new 08. I still can't believe I finally own one.

lattin25

Reaction score
Visit site
I've always wanted a motorcycle since I was little. I had back surgery last year and there is no way in hell I could sit on an r6 for more than 5 minutes without being sore.

After hours of researching and countless trips to the dealership I decided the fz was the one for me. It just feels good. Its way more comfortable than an r6. Its not the most comfortable but it does fine. It also offers better wind protection than an r6.

Ive raced my brother on his gsxr 600 a few times and i realize i dont own a race bike, he doesnt pull away that dramatically, so its not like the fz is a turd. its definitely got some power, and with a few simple mods you can bump the power up a bit. I can also keep up with my brother in the corners not pushing myself too hard.

The price was a bonus, I picked up my 07 with 5600 miles on it, it looks like it came off the showroom floor for $5600. I like the look of the bike. My only wish is that it didnt have the full seat. It would look a lot sportier if it had split seats.

all in all, its a great bike, im very happy with it. its affordable, its fast, its fun, its user friendly, what more can you ask for??

Comet

Reaction score
Visit site
:rof::rof::rof::rof::rof::rof::rof:
I once saw Tommy Davidson doing a skit about those BIG WHEELS. When he was a kid they were ****ty rides. The front wheel always wore out fast and they didnt make replacements and when you started up a hill they just spun the wheel. He said most the time it was used for a scooter and you just pushed yourself around with the other foot. And on the box there should have been a picture of a kid on one shooting a bird and his tongue stuck out. :D

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
do you ride the fz6 instead of another motorcycle? style? reliability? fun factor? affordability? what?:Flash:
I ride a FZ6 because first off i love the looks. Second the bike is very comfy for me since i'm tall. Third it still kicks a$$ in the twisties, the engine is great. Fourth overall for the money its hard to beat! Its a super all rounder bike :rockon:

Comet

Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ6 is a good all around bike to ride. Like a friend of mine said after riding it, you could go any where on it. I chose it for the power vs. weight, It was designed by the Japanese so I know it's gonna last, It gets good MPG, Has a good sized tank, It's fairly comfortable and handles well, I like the way she looks, And when I was looking at her she winked at me. I can go on and on.

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
I believe the bike picks you .... of all the choices, she just grabbed me. :cheer:

Excellent all rounder, very versatile bike, comfortable, fast enough, and fun.
Probably one of the cleanest burning vehicles available today (i've left it 100% standard, including CAT) and quiet too. :thumbup:

And when I was looking at her she winked at me.
love it!! mine did too ;)

rbesr

Reaction score
Visit site
I had given my Kawi 750 to my son for his birthday and was looking for a replacement for the ZR-7S. I use the bike primarily as a commuter bike but still wanted to be able to play on it some also. I prefer Yamaha and the FZ6 caught my eye. The ergos are good for me, reliability is good and it's a good looking scoot. I was going to buy it anyway but my dealer made me an excellent offer since the bike had been sitting most of the season w/o any interest.

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Checked out all the write ups heard some recommendations and narrowed it down fo the FZ and the Bandit.
The Suzuki reputation for paintwork swung it.

Absoloutely no regrets although the itch for a size increase is growing.

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
I went to the dealer to buy something else. I was 100% ready to take the plunge, I left work early and talked a friend into doing the same so I could ride my new bike home. The 650 wasn't there, the FZ was, and it was a lot more bike for the same $. It was a 600cc 4 cylinder with great seating position and just looked mean in person, it was showroom condition and just broken in with 3000 miles. It was cheap to insure, it wasn't something I would grow out of in a year, and it just felt right. So glad I made the decision.

BobSchmickle

Reaction score
Visit site
1. price
2. ergo
3. price

I was looking for a sport/touring bike. Got a great deal on mine in great shape. It is a great all around bike. People who don't know still think it is a sportsbike. Thankfully the insurance company knows it is a touring bike.

Epic Ed

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been toying with the idea of getting a bike for a few years and even had the wife's blessing. I was initially looking at the V-Strom, too, but the seat height didn't quite work for me. The on-again, off-again consideration of buying a bike finally made sense this year when gas prices made commuting in my Land Cruiser financially unfeasible and the FZ6 was the first bike that caught my eye.

It got my attention because I like the looks of a sport bike, but I'm too old and too fat to enjoy riding one for very long. I'm definitely not a cruiser kind of guy. I just wanna kick most Harley riders in the junk -- I absolutely hate the attention seeking behavior/small ***** compensation that compels the justification for loud pipes -- so those kind of bikes were out of the question. So, a sport touring looked like a good fit and, frankly, the FZ stands out in the mid-range crowd. Other bikes from Honda and even the SV650 were a distant second choice for me.

Since buying it and learning to rid in May, I've put about 2000 miles on it and I've gotta say it was an excellent choice for my first bike. Great ergos, good power, very agile, stable in windy conditions, very forgiving about gear selection vs. road speed...the list could go on. I'm very happy with this bike and look forward to riding it for another couple of years. I do see an FZ1 in my future, though.

Ed