whose hotwired their bike?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If your parents can't bring you a key (maybe later take them out for dinner when you can afford it as a thank you) or have them "over-night" the key, can't be that much.

And considerably easier / cheaper than tearing the bike up...

A locksmith would charge you as much, if not more, just to show up as it would to overnight the key..

You could always have your Ex pick it up for you!!! JK....:rolleyes:

rye

Reaction score
Visit site
is it technically stealing if its my bike? lol

I am kinda stuck getting a ride from a friend...my issue with that is I dont have gas money for him....thats why I was trying to avoid that so much...I dont get paid until next friday...

Think if some low-life googled "hotwire bike"..... and this thread shows up.... :eek:

DavesFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Think if some low-life googled "hotwire bike"..... and this thread shows up.... :eek:

Even if someone here could instruct you on how to lift your tank and start the bike without a key, it's going to take a mighty long time to get 60 miles making only tight left turns with your steering locked. I'd work on getting a ride instead of possibly damaging the bike.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

That's why I don't post it. If a member needs the info, I get it to them. :)

I had to do this when we were in the mountains on a ride and one of our members broke his key. You have to be careful because you can blow the logic module that tells the ECU everything is okay. It's not as cut and dry as you might think.

TheSandman13

Reaction score
Visit site
A locksmith will charge you a minimum of a trip charge to pick the lock. Probably $100. I recently had to get a locksmith to come out and make a new key (I lost my only key). It cost me $140. Just as an fyi, in case it ever needs to be done, they actually pick the lock on the tank, and remove the cylinder and remake the key from that cylinder. Took about 45 minutes total. Made me a new key and a back-up. My lost keys showed up in my mailbox a week later. I think I set them on my car, and must have drove off. I'm guessing they fell off in the street, and since I'm the only person on my street with a motorcycle, one of my neighbors must have figured out who they belonged to.

And as as footnote to yamihoe, this has been driving me nuts since I first saw the thread title. And I usually hate the grammar police, but this is too blatant to ignore. "whose hotwired their bike?" is butchering the english language. It should read "who has hotwired their bike?" or in the case of how you were trying to say it: "who's hotwired their bike?" :D

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
And as as footnote to yamihoe, this has been driving me nuts since I first saw the thread title. And I usually hate the grammar police, but this is too blatant to ignore. "whose hotwired their bike?" is butchering the english language. It should read "who has hotwired their bike?" or in the case of how you were trying to say it: "who's hotwired their bike?" :D

^^ Me too... me too.

But it was a pretty fun thread to follow - I especially liked the 'Son.of.a.bi&ch' comment when he realized that he'd locked his steering.

I know it sucks for you man, but most of these posts have put a smile on my face.

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com

Bike steeling low-lifes don't hotwire they just break the steering lock and hammer a screwdriver into the ignition, spin and go.