Who's going to EC this weekend?

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well done mate, I'm glad ya still got ya leg... (You're already short enough :spank: ).

We'll have to catch up and shoot the breeze.

:rockon:

LMAO. I'm not short...Everyone else is tall:Flip:

Geeze mate ! I,m glad your ok ,bloody 4wd,:ban: the bloody things !

All that on your birthday too :(

Happy birthday anyway mate,even though it ended crappy .

I've gotta say i can understand the guy moving out from the edge of the road, 'cause the edges of that road tend to drop away a little like Deviation road here, and there is no centre line, so it's kinda hard to know exactly where centre is and a big 4WD makes a good measuring stick for me to look at but is probably not the easiest thing to get into one lane.

That corner (according to the guy who lives above it) is pretty notorious for mishaps and I think he was pleasantly surprised to see one where the rider was still breathing, let alone walking and talking.

I know I stuffed up. Stay away from the centre line....always....and i usually follow this but lack of track knowledge put me in harms way.

I'm certain I was in my lane, but who cares? Still got hit. Stay away from the evil line in the middle.

Cheers
Mike

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
Mike im really sorry to hear of your incident :( I feel a bit bad cos I wish I could have been there to help you out.
Was great to catch up with you & wolfman even if it was only over the phone.
Glad you enjoyed the putty & yes EC is top fun :thumbup: We will have to organise a day when you guys come over again to NSW & do a day at the creek.

Just glad to hear that you could walk away cos 12 inches across & could have been a different story.

All the best & a speedy recovery :thumbup:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mike im really sorry to hear of your incident :( I feel a bit bad cos I wish I could have been there to help you out.
Was great to catch up with you & wolfman even if it was only over the phone.
Glad you enjoyed the putty & yes EC is top fun :thumbup: We will have to organise a day when you guys come over again to NSW & do a day at the creek.

Just glad to hear that you could walk away cos 12 inches across & could have been a different story.

All the best & a speedy recovery :thumbup:

It's all good mate. Had the others there and Jamie and I have been through similar things (my 4WD was bigger than his though...lol) and as you see, even a couple inches makes a big difference:eek::D.

Was a little surprised to hear I had no chipped bones (this is the most that I usually do no matter how hard I hit things..lol) but am very grateful that my surefooted beast stayed that way until even after I'd hit otherwise I'd then have the other ouches to deal with...lol...although it was reasonably low speed.

As for heading up to EC. Next time I'll be shipping the bike and flying across, 'cause I'm getting too old for that drive...lol.

Cheers
Mike

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My notes from the Sydney Trip....

1. Mikey and Me are 1 all on the take on a 4 wheel drive count! Ouch!

2. Mikey is the fattest & ugliest pillion i have let on the back of my bike....nice beer gut i the back buddy!

3. Met Benji....top bloke, decent rider, nice haircut!

4. The "Meat" Fiddler does a pretty decent feed.

5. Amazed at Mike's & my ability to talk crap for over 30 hours traveling in a car together.

6. The Hay Plain is possibly the most boring part of Australia toi travel through.

7. My car sucks like a Pro when it comes to using petrol with a trailer & 2 bikes on it.

8. Mike & me, both fart a lot!

9. You can say c*** lots! Just not in Canada!

10. Sydney drivers make Adelaide drivers look real bad.....Sydney Roads make Adelaide Roads look like goat tracks.

11. We are blessed with the best roads i have expereienced in Australia...even if the Putty Road was rocking!

12. It takes a long time to retrieve a bike from outback of buttf*** in the dark, on the worst road in Australia!

13. The Blue Mountains are beautiful!

14. Coopers Pale costs $9 a bhottle in Sydney! :eek:

15. Mikey is a tough little bugger!

16. I got my Mojo back on the bike!

:rockon:

ps: Photo's to come!

:thumbup:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
6. The Hay Plain is possibly the most boring part of Australia toi travel through.

7. My car sucks like a Pro when it comes to using petrol with a trailer & 2 bikes on it.

:thumbup:

That's 'cause you didn't get to unload your bike and go for a ride on it...lol.

Was much more fun like that:D.

Cheers
Mike

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's 'cause you didn't get to unload your bike and go for a ride on it...lol.

Was much more fun like that:D.

Cheers
Mike

Yeah that's why i made us run out of petrol....just so you could go for a ride......see how considerate i am!

:eek:

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
Hope you heal quick Mike and sorry to hear about your bike.Real shame I couldn't get out to meet you guys and go for a spin up the putty with yous. Trying to make plans for Phillip island but could possibly be out the country.
Did sound like an awesome weekend up to that point.:iconbeer::iconbeer::Sport:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hope you heal quick Mike and sorry to hear about your bike.Real shame I couldn't get out to meet you guys and go for a spin up the putty with yous. Trying to make plans for Phillip island but could possibly be out the country.
Did sound like an awesome weekend up to that point.:iconbeer::iconbeer::Sport:

I usually do heal pretty quickly, so I'll be ready to go well before I get a new ride. Ah well. I've actually had worse weekends away if you can believe that and the first part and middle were great.:rockon:

Cheers
Mike

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok folks, here's some pics from Eastern Creek of the racing and stuff:thumbup:........

Sidecar pillions are crazy...lol.
View attachment 20768

This corner at the end of the main straight looks like a lot of fun
View attachment 20769

View attachment 20770

They were hard to get pics of at this point as they were going too fastView attachment 20778

First turn after the start. Always looks scary..lol.
View attachment 20779

View attachment 20780

Yummo. I could ride one of these I reckon...lol.
View attachment 20781

View attachment 20782

View attachment 20783

More to come:thumbup:

Cheers
Mike

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad your OK OZ :eek:Sorry I couldnt be there :(

Cheers mate. The Putty road ride was awesome!:thumbup::rockon::D

Will probably get up there for a track day one day, but will be trucking the bike up and flying...lol. Cheaper, quicker and more fun.:D

Cheers
Mike

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Will probably get up there for a track day one day, but will be trucking the bike up and flying...lol. Cheaper, quicker and more fun.:D

Cheers
Mike

+1000 on that......Have been thinking the fly & truck bikes option is the go, since about 10am Saturday morning...just as we were about to run out of petrol!

:eek:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Aww CRAP Mike , sorry to here about that mate it sure would spoil a great birthday ride :(........ Instead of the FZ1 replacement might i draw your attention to the mighty XJR 1300 :D......

Glad your OK though mate , thats the important thing and the bike was insured so it'll work out alright......Did you happen to sample the Dr Jurd's Jungle Juice while you were stopped for lunch ??????

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Aww CRAP Mike , sorry to here about that mate it sure would spoil a great birthday ride :(........ Instead of the FZ1 replacement might i draw your attention to the mighty XJR 1300 :D......

Glad your OK though mate , thats the important thing and the bike was insured so it'll work out alright......Did you happen to sample the Dr Jurd's Jungle Juice while you were stopped for lunch ??????

LOL. I think if I'm going to get a bigger bike it'll be the FZ1. There is a reason they hold the fastest naked lap time at Mallala:D.Lunch was great but no jungle juice for any of us for lunch. Guess I'll have to go back one day...lol.

Cheers
Mike

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site

Cheers
Mike

Sweet ,glad you had a (mostly) good time & hope you get a new ride(is it fixable?) soon :thumbup: