Who's going to EC this weekend?

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet ,glad you had a (mostly) good time & hope you get a new ride(is it fixable?) soon :thumbup:

First thing everyone has said looking at it is, ":eek:Write off."

Still I'd love to get back on my beast, but I think I'll be getting a new ride:(.

Cheers
Mike

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
geez mikey i missed all these posts, didnt catch you destroying a perfectly good bike. Good to hear your ok though. Sorry to hear your bikeless.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
geez mikey i missed all these posts, didnt catch you destroying a perfectly good bike. Good to hear your ok though. Sorry to hear your bikeless.

Wasn't me destroying it mate...lol. Not too badly biffed personally, but I've gone through it all in my head a bazillion times and I'm even more convinced now that I pulled off a bit of a miracle...:cheer:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you're ok man! I heard "frame is cracked" so yeah... you can call it totalled!

So were you going to fast or what it the truck's fault?

Good luck with the aftermath and let us know what bike is next!! :)

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you're ok man! I heard "frame is cracked" so yeah... you can call it totalled!

So were you going to fast or what it the truck's fault?

Good luck with the aftermath and let us know what bike is next!! :)

Came in too hot which put me near the centre of the raod but was still on my side. I did actually get on the dirt on the other side of the road after the impact, 'cause I sort of "folded" myself around the 4WD to save my behind and wound up pointed across into the other lane afterwards so I went with it 'cause I didn't have time to see if anything else was coming.

I reckon I'll end up on another FZ6 at this stage. FZ1 possible, but it'll cost loads more for insurance, rego and even more expensive for tires which it will wear out quicker. Fuel range isn't as good either with the FZ1, so I reckon I'll go another 6:rockon:.

Cheers
Mike

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like it came close!!! Good thing you managed to save your butt :)

Were cops involved? What is the truck driver saying? Is the insurance on your side? Remember to have them cover your helmet and gear if you can!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like it came close!!! Good thing you managed to save your butt :)

Were cops involved? What is the truck driver saying? Is the insurance on your side? Remember to have them cover your helmet and gear if you can!

All the police report stuff is done, the Assessor will take a peek and hopefully I'll be riding again in a few weeks:thumbup:.

Because I managed to stay on the bike:rockon:...lol(A minor miracle in itself).... My only damaged gear was the right boot. Near mashed it in two. Glad I left the pillion pegs off. Gave me somewhere to stick my foot:eek:.

Cheers
Mike