who has removed their mirrors?

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So i guess this is a useless post because i can probably go out and check for myself, but seeing as though its midnight, 28 degrees outside, and i really dont feel like tinkering with the bike this late and cold, i figured i would ask someone who knows...

im looking at these mirrors...

ViewImage.aspx

my question is, does anyone know if that is what our mounting bracket looks like? it says its for an fz6, but i thought we mounted them with two screws not one... would this work? im not as interested if there would be anything hanging over because i plan on making up some sheetmetal covers to go between the bike and mirror to cover any exposed parts left by the stock mirrors, im just wondering if these are the right ones for our bikes...

Thanks!!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm interested to see how you go with these mirrors. I'm watching them on Ebay. They are pretty cheap, but look much better than stock mirrors. I would love Rizoma mirrors, but they are pretty expensive. Too many other things I want first.

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah, i thought it was two bolts... im just wondering if 1 bolt will be enough, these mirrors look good, i like them alot, just wondering if they are worth $25 to test out, knowing that they are not correct going into it...

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sure those aren't for the FZ6N? IIRC their stock mirrors are mounted on some of the handlebar controls, and held on with a single screw.
Yeah, just checked mine and it's one screw. Ours is straight onto the handlebars with one screw. I'm guessing the fazer needs two screws because it screws onto the fairings?

Well, I might give these a go - $25 is worth the risk.

MattyA

Reaction score
Visit site
yep i have those same mirrors on my bike. they are a tiny bit cheap but mostly ok, make sure you tignten up the ball joint screw. or they will move.

hank

Reaction score
Visit site
has anyone changed their stock ones out with ones like the new honda's have with the turn signal? I would really like to get rid of the stock signals and i'm not too big on the flush mount signals.... lol i want to be seen still. Does anyone know of any aftermarket mirrors that would fit with a signal integrated?

buccs40oz

Reaction score
Visit site
I have aftermarket mirrors with signals intgrated into them. The mount with 1 bolt. Never had a problem with them. Just made sure the one nut was tight. Check it once in a while if I got the plastics off. I think I have pics on here with the mirrors on. Only issue is they are a little lower. Kinda got some problems seeing sometimes. No biggie

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
yep i have those same mirrors on my bike. they are a tiny bit cheap but mostly ok, make sure you tignten up the ball joint screw. or they will move.

Hey buddy

could you share with us a couple of pictures of your baby wearing those koso mirrors?

I'm getting pretty interested too, I have a black fz6 s2, so if you can show us how they look it would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Brando73

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi There, Got a 2008 Fz6 and living in england but from States, Can confirm that there are 2 10mm nuts holding each mirror on. The nuts are located underneath the black trim pieces surrounding the speedo etc. After looking at my Haynes manual for the mirror mounts, I can honestly say that the phot you have of the mirror does not resemble the original mirror mounts and I wouldn't be sure if they would actually fit your bike. Perhaps these mirrors are for the naked fz6? Hope this helps.

Brandon(Originally from San Diego California)

Brando73

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes two bolts hold on stock mirror after you get to it by taking off black plastic trim. have looked through my Haynes manual of the FZ6 and the stock mirror mounts do not look like the ones in your photo. Perhaps these are for he naked version of the bike? Hope this helps and good luck

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just ordered the Koso mirrors. Will post a pic when I've got them.
Ok UPDATE

Put mirrors on at the weekend - look ok. Tightened them really well. Left for work this morning, didn't even get to the end of my street. Adjusted my left mirror and, guess what? The whole mirror started spinning.

Couldn't adjust it any tighter.

Sometimes, you get what you pay for.

I wouldn't recommend these to anyone.

Have to start saving for my Rizoma mirrors.......