white smoke frm my exhaust

beuwiq

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi

Wen I start my bike in d morning I notice white smoke come out of d exhaust. It lasts for about 2-5min and clears out. Pls what does this mean??? Is this normal

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
White smoke is different from steam or condensation that comes out of the exhaust when first starting. Are you sure it's not from condensation that usually is more prevalent during cooler temps? If it is in fact blueish white smoke it could be oil leaking down through the valve guide seals.
I'm hoping you're seeing steam.....

cmyers

Reaction score
Visit site
To help clarify - white smoke that is thick, somewhat blueish in color, and will linger in the air behind the exhaust is produced by oil burning off; while white steam is very thin, rises and dissipates quickly from behind the exhaust.

Steam is normal especially in cool weather, and when a bike is left outside. The thicker blueish/white smoke is indicative of oil seepage into the cylinder and is not normal on a properly operating engine.

beuwiq

Reaction score
Visit site
To help clarify - white smoke that is thick, somewhat blueish in color, and will linger in the air behind the exhaust is produced by oil burning off; while white steam is very thin, rises and dissipates quickly from behind the exhaust.

Steam is normal especially in cool weather, and when a bike is left outside. The thicker blueish/white smoke is indicative of oil seepage into the cylinder and is not normal on a properly operating engine.

I think its more like White thick smoke :(. It started after some guy serviced the injector.... So what can be done :confused:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Is it possible for you to take a pic or video and post it so we can see what it looks like?

Also does this white smoke have a smell to it?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think its more like White thick smoke :(. It started after some guy serviced the injector.... So what can be done :confused:

The only thing I can think of is he put too much whatever he uses for the injector cleaner in you fuel and this may be causing the problem. Either dump the fuel and get new fuel or dilute the existing fuel with fresh fuel. The fact that the engine starts up smoking and then clears up makes it seem like there is a top end problem where oil is leaking down from the head into the cylinders.

I would take the bike back to this person and have them explain it. Did someone abuse you engine when it was cold and cause damage?

We have to learn as much and service our own machines as possible because the world is loosing good techs and the way job markets are today fewer good techs are coming into the ranks.

You really have to be careful today.

beuwiq

Reaction score
Visit site
The only thing I can think of is he put too much whatever he uses for the injector cleaner in you fuel and this may be causing the problem. Either dump the fuel and get new fuel or dilute the existing fuel with fresh fuel. The fact that the engine starts up smoking and then clears up makes it seem like there is a top end problem where oil is leaking down from the head into the cylinders.

I would take the bike back to this person and have them explain it. Did someone abuse you engine when it was cold and cause damage?

We have to learn as much and service our own machines as possible because the world is loosing good techs and the way job markets are today fewer good techs are coming into the ranks.

You really have to be careful today.

I used up the fuel & put new fuel. It's alot better now. Thanks Thakxx :Flash: