Which Tyre????

Which tyre is the best for grip and cornering?

• Michelin Pilot Road 3

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • Michelin Pilot Road 2

Votes: 17 12.3%
  • Z6 Interact

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Z8 Interact

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Pirelli Angel

Votes: 18 13.0%
  • BT - 023

Votes: 27 19.6%
  • AVON Ultra storm II

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other please state

Votes: 15 10.9%

• Total voters

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
The truth is though, the thing with tires is that you only buy them when your old tires are worn out, right? Therefore, a brand new tire, whether its great or crap, is going to be better! (most of the time)

Yep, any new tire is better than a worn out tire.

Much of "the best tire" is in our head plus not all bikes are the same so one tire may be the best on bike "a" but not the best for bike "b".

I have been very pleased and have used many,(including track days) many sets of the Pilot Road 2 on my FJR, FZ6, FZ1 and now the KTM 990 supermoto. For me they just work well in all situations.

However my Gold Wing is another story but I did find a great mud and snow run flat tire made by Michelin for that 909 lb. beast.

IMG_1037_zpscad36355.jpg

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually bought a set of shinko ravens on my old six. Never got my knee down, but they held up.

But I did prefer the stock battleaxis. They just seemed to wear out ungodly fast. 2 sets in 10000 miles.

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been using Conti Motion on my FZ6R and never had any issues. 9-11K miles on them with a LOT of flat slab riding.

I might give them a run on the 09. For the type of riding I do in FL... should be fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Blackcombe

Reaction score
Visit site
Just scrubbed in my new Pirelli Angel GT's but appears latest bike magazine review voted them as best milage for 2013, not that that had any input on my purchase choice. I run Pirelli on the cars and very happy so figured try on the bike too.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
you'll love new rubber, just about everything on the market is good- big brands you cant go too far wrong unless its just a bad one off.
I couldnt get over the increase in grip when I swapped to Z-8's
do you have to cross tram tracks often? thats where you'll notice it in the dry(and big time when its damp)
congrats on the purchase

Blackcombe

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah just the feeling of new tyres has been a big confidence boost to my riding, even if it is just all in my head, its allowed me to think of my technique not the tyres when cornering.
I do come across tram and train tracks but not that often yet anyway.
I agree like most things these days, completion is that great that most products on the same level from big brands are quite equal and a lot comes down to personal preference.
Of course people are partial to what they've had a good run with, as I am with Pirelli car tyres.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just ordered a new set of Pilot road 4's today, will get them fitted on Thursday :rockon:

My front tyre wasn't totally worn yet but I'm not going to risk simply putting a grippier tyre on the rear :eek:

BatmanFZ6

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Visit site
I am switching up from Pilot Power 2CTs to Battlax T30s here in the next week or so. I do not like the 2CTs because they tend to slip on me through the curves and brake loose if I get on her hard. I have heard nothing but good things about the T30s so for around $440 mounted I am going to give them a try.

Burt2707

Reaction score
Visit site
Another vote for Pirelli Angel GT's. Fitted last Saturday. Got about 160km's on them before the rains started, so still taking it a bit easy but they feel nice already.

Went over a big bit of bark (debris from storms all over the road this morning :( ) just taking off from some lights, slipped on the bark but bit again and felt nice as soon as it got back to the bitumen, in the pouring rain.

azbiza

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all.
I am considering Metzeler Roadtec Z6 as my new tyres, but it seems there is more to it than simply picking the tyre type.

My confusion is that i cant decide which one to pick, from the below 3.
On the official homepage of Metzeler, that is zero to none reference for the RK, RC, and R markings, nor on any web shop that sells them.

Google does not know either or my searching skills have abandoned be, i'm not sure.

Metzeler Roadtec Z6 RK 180/55ZR17 (73W) TL
Metzeler Roadtec Z6 RC 180/55ZR17 (73W) TL
Metzeler Roadtec Z6 R 180/55ZR17 (73W) TL

IF anyone knows what they mean, please enlighten me.
Bike type is: RJ074 from 2004.

Thanks in advance.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Metzeler Roadtec Z6 Motorcycle Tire/Tyre Reviews
Actually I couldn't find in their website, the three models you've mentioned here.
Anyway, do you have a specific reason why z6? as they are 2011 old technology..!

Hey all.
I am considering Metzeler Roadtec Z6 as my new tyres, but it seems there is more to it than simply picking the tyre type.

My confusion is that i cant decide which one to pick, from the below 3.
On the official homepage of Metzeler, that is zero to none reference for the RK, RC, and R markings, nor on any web shop that sells them.

Google does not know either or my searching skills have abandoned be, i'm not sure.

Metzeler Roadtec Z6 RK 180/55ZR17 (73W) TL
Metzeler Roadtec Z6 RC 180/55ZR17 (73W) TL
Metzeler Roadtec Z6 R 180/55ZR17 (73W) TL

IF anyone knows what they mean, please enlighten me.
Bike type is: RJ074 from 2004.

Thanks in advance.

azbiza

Reaction score
Visit site
My only reason is price.
I actually bought a rear Roadtec Z6, dot 2014, so far im satisfied.

I will write a full review, i just didnt have the time for it.

Serzedo

Reaction score
www.mototurismoadois.pt.vu
The best I used until today was the Bridgestone BT-023.

On the Fazer it's my first set of tyres and I don't like the Dunlop that much.

On the other side, a friend of mine told me that Michelin Pilot Road 2 was the tyre that best suited the Fazer.

"V"

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
I went from the pilot road 2s to the 4s. So far I am liking these on city streets and rode in the rain twice. Still gotta hit some twisties.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm blown away by how good my Battlax BT020 original factory tires are holding up, 8+ years old and no dry rot and they handle amazing, if I didn't already scoop up some Dunlop Q2's for $150 for the set I'd totally look into some new ones because these tires have gone above and beyond their call of duty!

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
Not doubting your opinion, but there's more to a tire's age than whether they're dry rotted. A tire will harden over time and provide less grip as they go through numerous heat cycles. At 8+ years old, they're surely harder than they were originally. Just how hard are you pushing them?

azbiza

Reaction score
Visit site
My only reason is price.
I actually bought a rear Roadtec Z6, dot 2014, so far im satisfied.

I will write a full review, i just didnt have the time for it.

So, here's a short review after about 1k mile with a rear Roadtec Z6.
- so far so good, grip is fine, handling is real nice, wear almost not noticeable (it is truly a touring tire)
- i had a surprise on one of my rides, it was raining, and in a medium corner i was leaned in a bit, and maybe because of my throttle control, maybe the road, or maybe the tire was the fault, but my rear slipped (was scary as hell - managed to avoid crash with a right foot tap on the asphalt)
- will follow up around 5k (alsow in a few days i will replace my front as well for a Roadtec Z6)

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
So, here's a short review after about 1k mile with a rear Roadtec Z6.
- so far so good, grip is fine, handling is real nice, wear almost not noticeable (it is truly a touring tire)
- i had a surprise on one of my rides, it was raining, and in a medium corner i was leaned in a bit, and maybe because of my throttle control, maybe the road, or maybe the tire was the fault, but my rear slipped (was scary as hell - managed to avoid crash with a right foot tap on the asphalt)
- will follow up around 5k (alsow in a few days i will replace my front as well for a Roadtec Z6)

good to hear u r safe. lesson learned, drive safely on water.