Which frame sliders?......

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I want some frame sliders but with so many different brands I am a little lost. Any advice? I'm looking at Oggy Knobs, GYTR and R&G but there are many others - different prices.

What works for you?

:confused:

Aleziel

Reaction score
Visit site
the official yamaha FZ6 ones...
the most expensive and the best by far. designed on the frame so that it protects all of the engine in case of a drop.

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have Shogun sliders, and unfortunately have tested them! They protected the engine extremely well. Can't compare them to any other sliders (fortunately!) so I couldn't really say if they worked better than any other brand..I just know my engine is fine.

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got T-Rex sliders for 24$ on ebay. Heard from a few people they work well, but I have yet to test them out:thumbup:

For a fair price, you get style and functionality - so it works for me.

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
You will get a lot of opinions on that question. I'm running Shogun. Here is a link: SHOGUN YAMAHA FZ6 2004-2009 NO CUT BLACK FRAME SLIDERS However, I actually got mine off ebay. My first choice was Motivation but they run around $80 if I remember correctly.

I hope you get some on quick. I'm sure most if not all will recommend Frame Sliders as your first Mod.

Hope this helps.

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
the official yamaha FZ6 ones...
the most expensive and the best by far. designed on the frame so that it protects all of the engine in case of a drop.
How expensive are they? Can you post a picture?
I've got Lockhart-Phillips. They were low cost, but I don't know how effective they'll be until I have an "opportunity" to "test" them. Hopefully, I won't get around to it for some time.;)

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got the T-Rex earlier in the summer straight from the company for $24 shipped. Though the pic didn't show it, they were the newer style with the grooves. Bolts were right, they have the metal inserts, and they went on in about 3 minutes.

Threw a little blue locktite on there and they haven't budged since. Of course, no one knows until that fateful day when they are need if they actually work or not, but I did my homework and found generally positve reviews.

The left is longer, enough to clear the crankcase in a lowside.

I like 'em. And what I didn't spend on them went towards the Puig Screen and shipping on the Scorpions (which are finally sealed tight and freakin' awesome.)

Scorp

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've gone with the GYTR sliders - got them at the Yamaha dealer where I bought my bike - AUS$100 - pretty good. Will post pics at the weekend, along with my new Scorpions!

Thanks for all your advice.

Budha59

Reaction score
Visit site
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

I have been phoning all over the country (South Africa) to get a pair of frame sliders, but the dealers are MAD with their prices, ranging from US$100 to US$180!!!! Bugger that, I'm going to import a set! T-rex are selling for $24 a set and with import and packaging, that is still HALF the price of a set here.