• Black

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • Silver

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters

NearOn

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I am thinking of purchasing some fairing lowers, but cant decide which colour, have used a paint shop to try illustrate each colour, think silver match colour would suit bike better, but what do you guys think?

Day1FZ6lowers.jpg

Day1FZ6lowerssilver.jpg

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
Black looks a little better as it off sets the frame and the engine as they are pure silver. I myself would add a little silver to the lowers to match the upper fairing.

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
Black looks a little better as it off sets the frame and the engine as they are pure silver. I myself would add a little silver to the lowers to match the upper fairing.

Agree. Keeping the lower fairing all black adds too much black IMHO. I think I would try to replicate the silver decor on the top fairing somehow on the lower fairing, possibly around what seems to be a ventilation opening on the side of the lower fairing.

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
Agree. Keeping the lower fairing all black adds too much black IMHO. I think I would try to replicate the silver decor on the top fairing somehow on the lower fairing, possibly around what seems to be a ventilation opening on the side of the lower fairing.

Here's what I was thinking about regarding replicating the silver from the top fairing. Crappy photo edit, and the shape of the silver accent is a bit wrong, but you get the idea...

Last edited:

NearOn

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's what I was thinking about regarding replicating the silver from the top fairing. Crappy photo edit, and the shape of the silver accent is a bit wrong, but you get the idea...

I do like the idea of have it black with some silver on it, like you have done in the picture. Im going to enquire about prices for it to be done. The problem is, I dont really want to get brand new lowers in black and then have them repainted as will cost more.

So on ebay at the minute is some used ones, so will keep eye on them, as be cheaper and can spend what I saved on getting them repainted.

thanks for all the replies, very helpful!

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
I do like the idea of have it black with some silver on it, like you have done in the picture. Im going to enquire about prices for it to be done. The problem is, I dont really want to get brand new lowers in black and then have them repainted as will cost more.

So on ebay at the minute is some used ones, so will keep eye on them, as be cheaper and can spend what I saved on getting them repainted.

thanks for all the replies, very helpful!

If you do not want to spend too much money on paint or custom mods, you could always try to create the silver accents with silver foil. Shouldn't set you back too much - I guess we're talking < 25 USD$ if you just get sheets of silver foil and cut the accents yourself.

Good luck on the project. Make sure to post pics of the fitting process and the finished product. :thumbup:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is my effort. Obviously the 3D effect is rubbish, I just did it quickly in GIMP. Buy silver vinyl. You would need a few strips the same width as the silver. Only cost you a few pounds on Ebay!

LadyDi

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same bike, and I plan on silver lower fairings.... but then again im going to paint pink flowers on em. Silver and pink look lovely :-D

So perhaps the black are more manly haha