Which alarm do you use, if any?

What do you use to secure your ride (when out and about)

• Scorpio Alarm System with/without 2 way paging

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Gorilla Alarm System with/without 2 way paging

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Talon Alarm System

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liberator Alarm System

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disc Locks, Chains, etc

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Nothing, just the locking of the handle bars and selective parking

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Other, please specify in thread

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All,

I was sitting here wondering what all of you do for security. I know bike theft is more robust in some places so some of us don't worry about it.

However, what do you do for security of your precious ride?

joe1971

Reaction score
Visit site
The town I live in is really low crime, motor vehicle thefts are almost non existent. Just the same though it get parked in the garage which stays locked.

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
I have this alarm, which works pretty well for being 25 bucks. I should hook up the rest of the wires so it disables the ignition when the alarm goes off, and it would allow the remote start to work as well. I've just been lazy and I'm still not quite comfortable enough to start dealing with relays and things.

I also keep my bike parked (with handlebars locked) right next to my wife's bike and the front door to my apartment. The alarm is pretty loud and sensitive, and there's almost always someone awake at the house, so I'm fairly certain no one would get away with it. The crime rate is also pretty low, too, so not a whole lot of thefts in my area. I've got pretty good peace of mind that my bike isn't going anywhere unless I want it to.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I used to chain the bike to a post in the carport with an alarmed disc lock (XENA security).

A mates bike got stolen from the back of his home a few weeks back, so I moved mine into the locked garage. Now, I just lock the handle-bars and the garage door.

Also have a massive Labrador that makes plenty of noise when he see's anyone he doesn't know.

:rockon:

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
I use a Datatool alarm immobiliser,Oxford boss alarm disk lock,grenade disc lock on the rear and almax chain and lock
to a ground anchor

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use a cheetah alarm,works great and has accessory wires you can use to protect luggage and the like.
I bought a tilt sensor from Jcar for $5 and wired that in too.
The only problem I have had is the indicators have stopped flashing when I arm it :confused:

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site
Just don't think it is a good idea to publisize what alarm system you have/don't have. Might make it easier for a would be thief.
Just my opinion, do as you wish.

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Datatool S4, alarm itself works great, tilt sensor works ok, but I took it because of the 25% discount on my insurance.
already earned itself. If the insurance wouldn't offer the discount I probably wouldn't have spent the extra 500 euros