Where's the "best" place to buy FZ6 Mods?

Wombat1940

Have bike, will travel
Reaction score
drop.io
Just wondering where riders go? Silly ..... haven't got the beast yet (2007 FZ6S), but I'm already looking at mods. Yes ........ I've noted the three most important from my other thread, but I just saw this the other day and I can't get them out of my head! Just lovely .......

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/2006-yamaha-fz6-devil-exhaust-magnum-carbon-fiber/1373419937

So where do you all go for price, service, range, variety, etc. and not just for exhausts?

I'm in Melbourne Australia so I assume its somewhere or someone here in Oz. Freight from o/s is almost prohibitive.

11 days to go ...............

Huh?? Your question does not make sense. What do you mean "best place to buy mods"??

There is no one stop, "FZ6 Mod Supermarket"...although I really wish there were!! :eek: It all depends on what mod you want mate.

They guy who sells Exhausts probably is not selling frame sliders and vice versa.

I would say that a good majority of aftermarket mods are purchased online - either from online stores or places like eBay. I would say 90% of my mod have been purchased online.

This is for several reasons. A local dealer has to deal with a bunch of different bike makes and models, so they can't bring in every mod out there for every bike and have it sitting on the shelf. Secondly, even if my dealer has a mod part I want or can order it in, chances are very good that I can find the same part online elsewhere for cheaper than he can bring it in for (and sometimes faster shipping).

Add to that, products like RIZOMA are only sold by a handfull of dealers. In this case, PJs Parts is the only place (online) that I know of that brings in RIZOMA to North America.

UK and Italy also seem to have a lot of aftermarket kits and mods for our bikes as the FZ6 is more popular over there. So sometimes they are the only place that one can order something specific from.

Factory options/mods can usually be purchased through a Yamaha dealer and not always your local one. I've had guys in the USA ordering from Canadian Yamaha dealers from some parts.

So Google and this fourm are your friends for finding mods. I advise you to spend some time researching what mod you want to do and ask specific questions to the OP of mod topics. Spending time comparison shopping online can end up saving you some money. I saved a couple a hundred dollars by researching the best place to buy Two Brothers Carbon Fibre cans (www.imotorcyclestore.com). It's amazing sometimes the difference in prices from place to place!

I'm in Canada and I feel your pain with shipping costs, but unfortuneatley it's an added price we sometimes have to pay for getting a mod we really want and can easily jack up the price of doing a mod. I've offered to help other forum mebers with Canada only purchases buy either buying the stuff for them and then I personally ship it to them. Helps cut down on overinflated business shipping costs and sometimes some places in Canada wont ship out of country (USA also does this a lot).

For electrical mods (dual headlights, pod lights, 12VDC outlets, etc.), use your local automotive parts store, electronic supply store and your dealer.

Gald to see your excitment building and you are already catching the 'mod bug' even before you've got your bike! Man oh man are you and your wallet in trouble!!! ;)

Last edited:
Huh?? Your question does not make sense. What do you mean "best place to buy mods"??

There is no one stop, "FZ6 Mod Supermarket"...although I really wish there were!! :eek: It all depends on what mod you want mate.

They guy who sells Exhausts probably is not selling frame sliders and vice versa.

I would say that a good majority of aftermarket mods are purchased online - either from online stores or places like eBay. I would say 90% of my mod have been purchased online.

This is for several reasons. A local dealer has to deal with a bunch of different bike makes and models, so they can't bring in every mod out there for every bike and have it sitting on the shelf. Secondly, even if my dealer has a mod part I want or can order it in, chances are very good that I can find the same part online elsewhere for cheaper than he can bring it in for (and sometimes faster shipping).

Add to that, products like RIZOMA are only sold by a handfull of dealers. In this case, PJs Parts is the only place (online) that I know of that brings in RIZOMA to North America.

UK and Italy also seem to have a lot of aftermarket kits and mods for our bikes as the FZ6 is more popular over there. So sometimes they are the only place that one can order something specific from.

Factory options/mods can usually be purchased through a Yamaha dealer and not always your local one. I've had guys in the USA ordering from Canadain Yamaha dealers from some parts.

So Google and this fourm are your friends for finding mods. I advise you to spend some time researching what mod you want to do and ask specific questions to the OP of mod topics. Spending time comparison shopping online can end up saving you some money. I saved a couple a hundred dollars by researching the best place to buy Two Brothers Carbon Fibre cans (www.imotorcyclestore.com). It's amazing sometimes the difference in prices from place to place!

Yes, I understand. Bit hard to have Warehouse that stocks it "all" makes and models, but I was hoping. I don't have a Yamaha dealer (in fact don't have an FZ :() I can trust at the moment (except the best Suzuki Dealer in Oz: Mick Hone M'cycles:thumbup: [put the cheque in mail Mick]). However those Demons did :eek:. Not much confidence in eBay either. That bidding process is a joke. Glad I'm not bidding for a house!

Ed: Ooooops! 11 days to go ..............

I've done over 80 purchase on eBay and have never had one problem (knock on wood). I usually don't bother with actual "bidding" on stuff; I always find sellers with the "Buy It Now " option.

For mods, online stores is where it's at my friend. :thumbup:

I've done over 80 purchase on eBay and have never had one problem (knock on wood). I usually don't bother with actual "bidding" on stuff; I always find sellers with the "Buy It Now " option.

For mods, online stores is where it's at my friend. :thumbup:

Yes I've seen that " Buy it Now" option. In fact I think I've used it: successfully. Thanks

Edit: In fact Ebay not bad as that initial "Warehouse" contact. Thanks again.

11 day day to go .............

Last edited:
Back