Where did you ride yesterday?

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
The day started out with a discouraging hard frost here in the High Peaks, but by 10 AM it was warming nicely. It didn't take too long to round up 2 mates with a promise of "Let's go. I'll buy lunch". We headed south to Ticonderoga, NY, leaving Keene Valley, NY about 1 PM. We took the 10 min. ferry ride to Vt. and then mostly B roads north to Middlebury, VT. We had a great lunch at the Two Brothers Tavern; a wannabe sports bar that caters to affluent Middlebury College students and parents (I highly recommend the crab cake sliders!). Then north and west to the Crown Point bridge and back to NY State. Some twisty's at speed to finish the day and we were back in Keene, NY before 5:30. About 140 miles. The scenery in Vt. was super and the views of Lake Champlain were incredible. As you can see there was a HD Sportster, a Honda CBR, and little 'ol me. I'm hoping many more of you had a chance at a great day like this! Here's some pics!

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pics. Hey, I just happened (well, the FZ6 & I) to take my first ferrry ride yesterday. It was over a deep water channel in CA's Sacramento Delta. It was a good day to ride here, too.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys are makin' me jealous!!! :( I started out for a ride, and got rained out. Went about 6 miles total. Rain all this week, too, and probably this weekend. I'm glad you all had some nice weather. Great pictures!! Thanks for sharing! :)

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
Oooh t'was lovely weather and the family were going to the in-laws farm so I went on the R1. Aldermaston, Hungerford, Wiltshire downs, Salisbury Plain and finally to Netheravon. About 40 miles (each way) of almost deserted back roads.

And on the way back I hit the A roads and cruised at 130mph!!!!! (Keeping an eye out for fuzz)

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Oooh t'was lovely weather and the family were going to the in-laws farm so I went on the R1. Aldermaston, Hungerford, Wiltshire downs, Salisbury Plain and finally to Netheravon. About 40 miles (each way) of almost deserted back roads.

And on the way back I hit the A roads and cruised at 130mph!!!!! (Keeping an eye out for fuzz)

Are your wrists getting more used to the R1 now? Sounds like you had a good time.

RedFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys and girls,
This is my first post in the forum and am glad to say that I got a speeding ticket yesterday :spank:
But I have to say that it was not my fault, the FZ wants to go fast all the time :D

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys and girls,
This is my first post in the forum and am glad to say that I got a speeding ticket yesterday :spank:
But I have to say that it was not my fault, the FZ wants to go fast all the time :D
Welcome to the Forum! Glad you could post. Just FYI- My FZ has been a bad bike lately. Seems it can't get enough revs or corners. It's only a matter of time before I appear in front of the local judge. Damn- I was so conservative before I bought this bike!