Wheels and Turn signals

mehranir

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi folks,
Two questions and one remark. What material are the factory wheels of the 2009 FZ6 made of? Cast aluminum, can't be cast magnesium can it? Also, does anybody know how exactly to remove the Rear turn signals, I want to get rid of the fender and install the Tail Tidy :Flash:. In their instruction they are not clear in how to do it! Cheers!
P.S. The boneman's website is so great and informative but boy, everytime I try to download a file my computer's fire wall warns about Viruses and attacks!!! What gives?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cast aluminum, same as the R6 wheels.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

zackeeboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi folks,
Also, does anybody know how exactly to remove the Rear turn signals, I want to get rid of the fender and install the Tail Tidy :Flash:. In their instruction they are not clear in how to do it! Cheers!

The signal body fits into the opening of the fender fairly snugly - there is a molded rubber section that forms the shape of the opening. Then, a separate black plastic piece is run from the inside of the fender (wires through the center of the plastic piece) and inserts into the signal body. There are two plastic tabs on the plastic insert that "lock" into the signal body with two rubber cut outs that go over the tabs. So to remove the signal, you need to pull these rubber parts over the tabs allowing you to remove the black plastic insert. Once the insert is removed, the signal body is made of molded rubber, so all you have to do is put a little elbow grease into it and squish the signal body into itself to remove from the fender. Hopefully that isn't too confusing, haha. Once you get in there it should all make sense.