Wheelie...

Clay350

Reaction score
Visit site
Cold weather is your answer

Guys,

Finally got the bike out of hibernation. On this wheelie thread. Two days ago it was 29 out and i was determined to ride to work. The horsepower difference in the cold was unmistakable. Wide open in first my front wheel came right up smoothly and predictablly. I was so shocked i ended up lifting. Then i did again and carried it a good distance. No dropping the clutch or starting hot. Just cold weather that made the difference. The same runs today at 65 degress and no lift!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Followed your instructions ChevyFazer...got the wheel up off the ground! Feelin much more comfortable!
Wheelie1.MOV - YouTube

Cool! I saw you did it at 2 different rpm ranges, you see what I was saying about how much more throttle it takes, also I saw you lift after it came it up, you must have felt that sudden power, that's another thing I forgot to mention, the power band of the bike, the way the fz's power comes on right after you get the wheel up high enough you need to back off enough so that sudden surge of power don't freak you out or throw you back. It just takes practice and your on your way!!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I enjoyed the heck out of trying and was PUMPED when I felt it come up off the ground.
However...I'm still a bit uncomfortable having the revs up that high in first. It just seems like it's hard on the engine.

Once your comfortable with it there is nothing to worry about, I look at it this way. The engine in our bikes is pretty much identical to a engine that can and does rev 2k higher all day long, so if it can do it with no issues then our bikes can do less with no sweat!!!