What's your favorite thing about the FZ6?

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
When I bought mine it felt like the right bike to get back into riding again. I sat on it and it felt right.
I liked the fact that it was a more dynamic bike in that you could thrash in the turns with it and people would bag it up for trips. The economics of it and last but not least!!! The great people I've met that have them with this great forum that is associated with the FZ6. I guarantee you won't find a finer bunch of comrades and comradettes on any FZ6 related forum on the WWW than here.

So even though I have a ^^^^^ Suzuki now ^^^^^ I still enjoy the FZ6!!! :p

My last bike was a Suzuki C50T. I liked it a lot. But it was a bitch to work on. I just found that some of their components tend to run on the cheaper side in terms of quality.

I have a secret crush on the SV1000 but sushhhh... let's keep it on the down low.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
On a serious note...

Pros

- good seating position

-powerful engine

-light bike

-very maneuverable and stable

-best bang for the buck in its class

-half naked

cons

-suspension upgrade would be nice but not really that big of deal

-half naked- on colder days I wish I had more fairing protection for the legs.

Had I live in dreamy California like Motogiro than the nakedness of the bike wouldn't be a con.

it's a -8 C these past two days in NYC. :(

carbonar1

....as a kite
Reaction score
Visit site
This is my fourth day of ownership..I spent the first two days making my wifes 05 FZ6 ship shape and scrubbing in the tyres. Today I had a chance to wind the little Fizzer up and see what it's capable of...and I'm extremely impressed.

I took it on a 150km circuit of medium sweepers and tight and technical twisties....and I haven't had this much fun in ages! My normal rides are a mildly worked 01 R1, and a very highly worked 06 R1 (about $50K worth). And through my favourite little 35km goat track (Norton Summit to Lobethal rd, for the locals), the FZ was remarkable! It soaked up the irregularities with ease, the wide bars gave me plentiful leverage, and I hustled the little beast at a near record pace, without even breaking a sweat!

On the R1's my heart would be racing, fear sweat beading on my body! The FZ gobbled it all up happily! And my old, wrecked body doesn't even hurt afterward!

I'm amazed...and converted! The handling (on Bridgestone S20R's) is soft, compliant, stable, trustworthy and neutral. It didn't provide much feedback, but it changed direction easily and I felt I could trust the tyres to stick. The brakes were capable...some braids and bitier sintered pads would help. But combined with the soft suspension, the brakes buried the tyres into the road and wiped off speed quickly and very plantedly (I'm so impressed I made a word up! LOL)

What a fabulous little bike. And it looks pretty too. ;)

PnQAuMH.jpg

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
id have to say the sound it makes between 15 & 16K!

and the fact with 40,000 miles i can still beat the brakes off it!

well i tried puttin a video on here of me burnin out but the site dont like it...

JimStl

Reaction score
Visit site
My favorite part of my FZ6 is riding it! :Sport:

Did a lot of research before getting the bike. It fit my height (6'7") and budget needs, and I liked that I could do a little touring on it.

Met up with a local group of riders who all seem to be pretty darn good riders and got to go along on some great local roadways. The fact that this bike has a little monster inside of the engine was a big surprise to me. It is so unbelievably fun to be riding up in the high RPMS. It seems like in stock form it is a very capable bike. I'm still learning, always trying to be safe, but getting out there and seeing some of what they are capable of last season was a joy.

Caulberg

Reaction score
Visit site
The under tail exhaust. I have this weird need for everything to be symmetrical and even, so I think that's why I like it so much.

The fact that it's good performance for the dollar, I can run it like a SS or tour with it.

The curves of the bike remind me of a sexy woman (frame & tank).

Plus, I have mine customized enough to the point that most people have no idea what it is, but nearly all say "nice bike".

Had it down at the beach parked next to a friends brand new CBR 600RR and there was a circle of people around my bike and hers was ignored... That was even before I did my newest custom paint job.

This spring/summer it will get a custom pilon seat cover made up as well.

Do you have a picture of your bike on the forum???

BamBam

Reaction score
Visit site
It's a "do everything" bike for me and that it requires very little maintenance. :thumbup:
:thumbup:

perfect bike for the perfect ride. Sporty look for a night ride with your friends, but a practical ride for longer trips.

The absolute package.

If you ask for more, you're just being greedy...

Last edited:

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
When I bought mine it felt like the right bike to get back into riding again. I sat on it and it felt right.
I liked the fact that it was a more dynamic bike in that you could thrash in the turns with it and people would bag it up for trips. The economics of it and last but not least!!! The great people I've met that have them with this great forum that is associated with the FZ6. I guarantee you won't find a finer bunch of comrades and comradettes on any FZ6 related forum on the WWW than here.

Ditto. I looked for two years searching for THE bike that "felt good" and this was it. It felt right and after my first test ride I bought it.
Other than that it was looks, ergonomics, power, speed, handling, ease of maintenace, low maintenance, economy, durability, Yamaha, etc, etc, etc..

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Aww man! That's a tough one to boil down. There are so many things, I'd just have to say it looks great and rides like a dream. I love how that inline four sings while I'm on my to work on a nice day. :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

chucknorris

Reaction score
Visit site
The Exhaust was the winner for me!! not the exhaust itself because I installed Leo's but the tidyness of the under the tail,Also the price I got it for oh and it rides like a dream...Fantastic all around bike...

Grodd70

Reaction score
Visit site
This is my third bike in three years...started on a Duc. Baby monster 695..then traded it for brand new ninja 650...ill admit I still love sound of the twins..but Fz6 with Leo's is growing on me...each bike had things I liked..but I love the Fazer frame..undertail exhaust...to me its the perfect bike for performance and ability to ride distance..this one will stay in garage for awhile

CADMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: On a serious note...

Pros

- good seating position

-powerful engine

-light bike

-very maneuverable and stable

-best bang for the buck in its class

-half naked

+1 ON ALL PROS and add
-underseat exhaust location

-inline 4 with FI

MY CONS

-Factory exhaust; needs to be louder

Coming from an inline 4 with carbs, the throttle response is excellent.