What's your biggest fear whilst riding?

jdesiano1

Up to no Good
Reaction score
Visit site
Really everything is my biggest fear. I am scared to death that something will happen to me and I will put my family through hell for selfishness. Yes I still ride but I try and be doubly careful.

interactive3

FZ6 Rider
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the insane amounts of people that drive to the dump on the freeway without securing their loads.
Ive hit so many crazy things inmy car and every time i thank god for not being on my bike.
I once saw a guy lose 10 5gallon ceramic plant pots. some smashed the hoods of cars others would sneak under the lifted trucks and at the end get sucked 5 feet into the air.
garbage is very erratic and unpredictable with the winds of other cars.

otherwise its a woman on a cellphone

Seeing a floor jack fall off a huge pickup truck coming the other direction has made me pause. It was spinning and bouncing down my side of the road at about shoulder/head height. After hard braking it bounced off to the side before I got to it. Scary.:eek:

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
I would have to say death is my biggest fear. But oblivious, bad drivers are my number 1, and gravel my number 2.

I almost dropped my bike last night going around a turn and hitting a HUGE patch of gravel. Luckily i straightened the bars and kept her up, but that was certainly as close as I've come to dropping my fizz so far.

So other idiots, and gravel.

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
MY biggest fears and in no particular order are:

A car pulling in front of me from a side street with no room for me to maneuver.

Getting rear ended by some crazy cell phone talkin/texting/makeup applying cager.

All crazy cell phone talkin/texting/makeup applying cager's in general.

Crazy Texans with their pickups overloaded with stuff that's unsecured.
( Just the thought of Grandma's chair flying at me at 80 miles an hour just doesn't bring a pleasant picture to mind) I do live in Texas so its a biggie;)

SUNDAY DRIVERS! actually believe it or not I ride into West TX a lot on some cool FM roads that go through beautiful small towns. And specially on Sunday after Church you better watch out for Night Rider Grandma or Grandpa with his 79 Buick that's driven only on SUNDAYS :D

Can't think of anything else for the moment but I will add to the post if I do.

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My biggest fear....Kangaroo's! They are big, solid, reasonably fast moving, they blend into the bush, and generally come out of nowhere....you hit one on a bike and it's pretty much curtains time!

In the bush, and sometimes, the outer limits of most Aussie City's, they are very common...especialloy in area's that are speed limited to 100/110km'h....hit one at those speeds! Ouch!

:eek:

jdesiano1

Up to no Good
Reaction score
Visit site
My biggest fear....Kangaroo's! They are big, solid, reasonably fast moving, they blend into the bush, and generally come out of nowhere....you hit one on a bike and it's pretty much curtains time!

In the bush, and sometimes, the outer limits of most Aussie City's, they are very common...especialloy in area's that are speed limited to 100/110km'h....hit one at those speeds! Ouch!

:eek:

For some reason this made me laugh out loud. Its strange to live here in america then hear someone talk about kangaroos jumping out in front of them. Sorry just had to say. But yeah animals scare me too.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For some reason this made me laugh out loud. Its strange to live here in america then hear someone talk about kangaroos jumping out in front of them. Sorry just had to say. But yeah animals scare me too.

Mate, Ozzieboy will also attest to this truely hardcore fear....he has been through Kangaroo infested Aussie country roads recently...and rubbed shoulders with one...

Recently, i was in the country, riding through a National Park at dusk....not smart! Dodged abouty 10 of the things, saw about 40 of them, and was reduced to riding at 20km/h, just to be safe!

They dont just hop down the street, everywhere, like some Americans have been led to believe, but they are out there....lots of them!

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you also live on Cape Cod?? It is very scary to drive on these roads, as the Snowbirds are back. I am fearful of them when I am in my truck let alone my bike. I drive with my highbeams on during the day so that I look bigger.

West Newbury which is next to Newburyport.

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
My biggest fear?

POLICE

im gonna crash into something trying to watch out for cops so that i dont get another BS ticket

99vengeur

Reaction score
Visit site
My biggest fear is hitting the stupid dogs in my neighborhood. It seems to never fail that I get chased at least once a week by a dog not on a leash.

The owner of the stupidest dog of them all looked at me like it was my fault that his dog ran into the road and made me emergency brake to keep from running the little bastard over. Then, once I got stopped, the dog bit my boots! I told myself, "next time the dog gets cut in half by my front tire.":Flip:

I also have a fear of slipping on the road markings for cross walks and turn-only lanes. :rolleyes:

lewis6681

Reaction score
Visit site
My fears are in no particular order: 18-wheeler shredding a trailer tire while I'm passing or following, my chain snapping and locking up the rear wheel, deer/possums, or a hornet flying into my helmet at highway speeds :scared:

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
Biggest fear: speed camera's :(

Frikkin' robbing *ssholes hide at the side of the road. Claiming it's for my safety, I have the feeling they're more in it for the money.

aggiehiker

Reaction score
Visit site
Cagers, I am more worried and alert to cars then any other a hazard.

However deer would be a close second. I hit a deer on my old ZX9-r and was hurt pretty bad. Broke a leg, tore my bursa in my knee, had some road rash from where my jacket shifted, completely buggered up my hand and finger ( see Avatar for picture of the hand)

So yeah ,deer make me nervous:(.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
I fear inattentive drivers and animals. All sizes, shapes, and breeds of animals. I have seen plenty of odd ones: beaver, turkeys, bear, moose, deer, and then there was the one time that I was chased down the road by a horse. No joke.

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
I fear inattentive drivers and animals. All sizes, shapes, and breeds of animals. I have seen plenty of odd ones: beaver, turkeys, bear, moose, deer, and then there was the one time that I was chased down the road by a horse. No joke.

lol thats funny, infact its hilarious :rof: