What's the point of the FZ1 bars

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know if it's real or perceived, but I feel like having my hands and shoulders closer to the bike makes me feel more connected with it. Also, they seem to vibrate a lot less.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Then you need one of these my friend:eek:

View attachment 33113

Of course after that you'll need one of these:eek:

View attachment 33114

With some of this...

View attachment 33115

And some of this....

View attachment 33116

Followed by some of this....

View attachment 33117

To feel clean again:eek::spank::spank::ban:

LMFAO!!! :BLAA: You know good buddy,you realy need one of these
FR49369ST_STRAIGHT_JACKET_BOTH.jpg
and a vacation at one of these
asylum.jpg

Last edited:

REDHAWK22

aka willie
Reaction score
Visit site
I've mentioned this a few times already, but if all you're looking for is a more natural angle to your wrists, install the FZ6R bars. They angle forward about 1" further at the bar ends than the standard FZ6 bars. They made a world of difference to my riding. I would particularly recommend them to anyone 5'8" or less looking for a more comfortable bar. I am in that group and it is amazing how much further forward I'm leaning with the "R" bars when riding....FZ1 bars would have stretched me out too much.

Were there problems with the cables with the FZ6R bars? What year (FZ6R Handlebars) to 2009 FZ6 (Handlebar)?

REDHAWK22

aka willie
Reaction score
Visit site
I've mentioned this a few times already, but if all you're looking for is a more natural angle to your wrists, install the FZ6R bars. They angle forward about 1" further at the bar ends than the standard FZ6 bars. They made a world of difference to my riding. I would particularly recommend them to anyone 5'8" or less looking for a more comfortable bar. I am in that group and it is amazing how much further forward I'm leaning with the "R" bars when riding....FZ1 bars would have stretched me out too much.

You mean further to the front with the FZ6R bars? because I'm only 5-6" & I want the bars a little bit closer to me, to be more comfortable, more upright.

joe1971

Reaction score
Visit site
Um well ok then.....................this thread has turned out to be so..............informative. I am scarred...............for life:shakehead:

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I looked at the FZ1 bars, but wanted to be a bit more upright, so I went with Rizoma bars.. I couldn't be happier!!

If you look at the Rizoma topic also here on Mods, I have a photo of the finished project..