What's the best summer/fall protective jacket thats cheap? ($150 or under)

chokeslam512

Dental Floss Tycoon
Reaction score
Visit site
I got a Fieldsheer jacket from motorcyclecloseouts dot com. It has three layers; a mesh layer with textile sleeve patches/pockets that hold the armor, an outer textile layer that zips off, and an inner rainproof layer that also zips off. You can use any combination of the three to make you ride comfortable in any weather condition. I think I paid 159.00 USD for it.... I'l try and find model number for it when I get home.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
this ones not black but should otherwise fit the bill:

dsc_0073.jpg

you can go for a tumble and come out unscathed

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
S

Shamus McFeeley

Tour Master makes some great jackets. They have a convertable mesh one that I used for awhile. I could use it in 90F summertime heat and 30F wintertime cold.
New enough.com is the best place to shop, I agree.

billm

Reaction score
Visit site
Depends on your size.................I got a Joe Rocket mesh close-out at New Enough for a mere $19!! Shipping was only ~$10!!
Problem is they only had size small. Perfect for me tho'.
:Flash:

Denver_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Just picked a Fieldsheer Kinowa perforated leather jacket from bikebandit.com on closeout. Ok, I'm kinda missing your request on both price and solid black option but it's a good jacket. Perforated leather isn't quite as cool as mesh, but makes up for it in rash prevention.

Fieldsheer Kinowa Leather Jacket at BikeBandit.com

One thing I learned on my own regarding bike jackets/pants and maybe you already know this. Get the smallest size that still fits. It cuts way down on the buffeting you feel when running at speed.

xj750_Pete

Young Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Tourmaster Intake Jacket. It is a textile mesh jacket that comes with 3 layers: mesh, waterproof layer and thermal liner. For protection there are CE approved shoulders, arm/elbow protectors and a padded back protector. Also, there are 3M reflective piping all along the arms for night riding. I can wear this jacket all year long. However, because it has so many layers, the jacket feels a lot larger without the liners in there. They have a newer version out now that costs a lil bit more than $150 on most online stores like NewEnough or motorcycle superstore

h_k52_black.jpg

cjhudson101

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up the Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0 the other night at my local shop for 135.

I really like the jacket, removable waterproof liner, zipper to attach to pants, and loops in the waist band to clip onto your belt...

All of the fasteners are velcro except for the elbows which are a button on elastic. I feel like it tightens just enough, but I am used to slightly more support for elbow pads on my textile coretech jacket.

For summer, this jacket is wonderful. Got my girlfriend a similar Joe Rocket jacket as well, she is enjoying hers too.

Joe Rocket Product

--Chris

P.S. I have the straight black one.

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
Just picked a Fieldsheer Kinowa perforated leather jacket from bikebandit.com on closeout.

I just ordered the black/grey version of this from Iron Pony Motorsports (also on closeout for $140, but limited sizes). I haven't received it yet, so I'd love to hear what you think of the jacket. Online reviews seemed to be very positive and it includes CE armor for back, shoulder, and elbows. I wonder if you could dye the silver/grey leather to make it all black???

Fieldsheer Kinowa @ Iron Pony

Last edited:

wick001

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered the black/grey version of this from Iron Pony Motorsports (also on closeout for $140, but limited sizes). I haven't received it yet, so I'd love to hear what you think of the jacket. Online reviews seemed to be very positive and it includes CE armor for back, shoulder, and elbows. I wonder if you could dye the silver/grey leather to make it all black???

Fieldsheer Kinowa @ Iron Pony

This is an amazing deal, and looks to be an awesome jacket.

I just ordered it. Should be here on Tuesday.

Thanks for the info Clunk.

ecurb

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Tour Master Intake jacket. I think it's great, although my daughter says I look like a power ranger in my jacket and helmet. But, making you visible is also and important feature of the jacket.

wick001

Reaction score
Visit site
I just received the Fieldsheer jacket...

Ok, How tight is a motorcycle jacket supposed to be? I measured my chest 42" just like it said, etc... The reviews also said that this jacket runs a little big so i figured i really would be safe with a 44 jacket. But it's really snug, not unbearable, but very snug. I'm also 6'2", and the jacket looks really short on me... What do you guys think?

Last edited: