Whats my bike worth?

07FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been out of work for a few months, and used my tax refund to buy the FZ... I was thinking I may sell it if I can get decent money for it, I will be starting a job at a local motorcycle shop in less than a month, and I should be able to get a great deal on a different bike when my finances are better.

So here's the question. The bike was wrecked, and I have bought all the little cosmetic things it needs to be a perfect stock bike again, but it does have a rebuilt/restored title so what would you guys think it is worth?

It's an 07, with 2500 miles, it is all stock mechanically, but does have the POD turn signal conversion, a black windscreen, Integrated clear tailight, and a Fender eliminator kit with LED signals.

Silverback

MT Man!
Reaction score
Visit site
Its hard to get extra money for the bits that stylize YOUR bike, not everyone will even keep them...especially with a model like the FZ, as its such an all round package that the reason someone would want it could vary...the usual points are the most appropriate, mileage, rego still on it, tyres and how soon they need replacing...that sort of thing....If you notice Wolfmans recent purchase, he scored a low "K" bike with All THE fruit FOR A VERY REASONABLE PRICE....around $8500.....In the States that would mean if you got $6000 you would be doing VERY WELL....Check the internet and classifieds to give you a good idea what the going rate is then add at least $500 to that so when you negotiate and drop the price, the punter thinks they got a DEAL and you still almost get what you want....

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I sold my '07, 6,200 miles for $4,750. The mods on the bike were Motovation sliders, Galfer brakelines and dual headlights. The mods meant nothing to him except for the headlights. He didn't have a clue. I may have been able to get $5,000 in a few more weeks but I decided just to sell it to the first buyer and get it to a new home.

KBB trade in is about $3,800, KBB retail is $5,350.

BigRatt

Reaction score
Visit site
The friend that handled my loan on my FZ6 printed out all the financial info for me. Wholesale/average resale on an '07 is $4,450, with up 10-15% more for pristine condition. Just got mine last week, so the numbers should be up to date. I know it doesn't take into account the wreck or the mods, but maybe it'll give u a baseline to work with.

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bought my 06 a little less than a year ago with only 2,400 miles and paid $4,200 to a local car dealer off of Ebay. It was a one owner with clean title.

Based on the previous posts, I think you will be in these ranges.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I hate to bring a negative take, but there are a lot of FZs for sale right now, most in mint condition, selling from $3000-4000. Your bike will be worth less than this, assuming you can find a buyer.

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
Bought my 07 with 2700 miles at the end of last October, and I gave $4600.00. It had been dropped, but had a clean title. I had to replace the blinkers from the drop, and the tires were bad.

You can get a clear title for it if you show that everything had been fixed to original condition and apply for it. Most people (me included) are scared of a salvaged title. Looks good on the outside, but what is still hidden that is jacked up.

Serraph

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Based on the fact that it has a rebuilt title and demand for FZ6's is pretty low right now, I'd say about $3500-$3800 if you restore it to it's original condition.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
what do you think i can get for my fizzer, it's a 07 with 13k miles and have the following mods... well look at my mod list and let me know what you all think.