What you've been waiting for!!

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, this got my attention except for the dashboard with the absurd digital readout. Other than that, if I'm still alive next year who knows..?

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well i was gonna buy a truck but two bikes can do the same thing? lol i think im sold can you say black and gold with more black yes plzz

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I honestly don't like the way it looks that much, and I wish it had more wind protection, but it's got a lot of nice features.

If the engine makes more torque, that's a huge plus in my eyes. And the centered, under-engine exhaust is pretty radical. (Looks a bit like a sea-anemone or something).

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I honestly don't like the way it looks that much, and I wish it had more wind protection, but it's got a lot of nice features.

If the engine makes more torque, that's a huge plus in my eyes. And the centered, under-engine exhaust is pretty radical. (Looks a bit like a sea-anemone or something).

They may have a faired version...

Very interesting and it looks like they have a nice swing arm and reversed forks. Wonder how tunable the suspension is?

Was reading on our forum on another thread about this bike and a discussion on the crossplane crank came up. I thought the natural inclination would be 120 degree difference on the journals anyway so there it is.
This motor should be, by it's displacement and design a great performer.

Let the modding begin! :D

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I have mixed emotions on this bike. I actually like the tiny dash because I think it looks good on the naked front. I also like the look of the front as well. After that I'm not really into it. The stock exhaust would be expensive to swap out (like the new FZ6R) and it seems like a re-visit to the FZ8 in a way. (in looks)

As for performance I wouldn't mind taking it for a spin just to see what it feels like but I'm not sure I'd want to take it home.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
wonder if you could get the graphite with the wheels from the red bike. I dont think the blue wheels works, certainly not with the gold forks, looks a bit hotchpotch,
ah already started modding! woohoo

PPieter

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks cool, although I also have mixed emotions about the bike as I don't know whether to hate it or love it.

BTW: picture 16, the needle in the exhaust. Anybody knows what this is?

Last edited:

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks cool, although I also have mixed emotions about the bike as I don't know whether to hate it or love it.

BTW: picture 16, the needle in the exhaust. Anybody knows what this is?

If I'm looking at the same part you're referring to...
appears to be an O2 sensor.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the article said something about the "outgoing FZ8"?? are they stopping production on the FZ8??

Bike looks good. Dunno about the rear end.. front forks look like they are adjustable, but missing the adjustments by the wheel (or i missed them).

depending on the final price, i would pick it up as a second bike!!

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Was reading on our forum on another thread about this bike and a discussion on the crossplane crank came up. I thought the natural inclination would be 120 degree difference on the journals anyway so there it is.
This motor should be, by it's displacement and design a great performer.

Let the modding begin! :D

I'll still argue that 120* isn't a true cross-plane - but I'll take credit for starting that part of the discussion :rolleyes:
As a guy whose best friends are all mechanical engineers - I love these technical conversations and usually get quickly over my head and have to do more research partway through.
Likewise - I can see a great bike looking bike with a couple of mods - Yamaha US is still using the same "UFO-Like" signals from 2000 -

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks interesting, but too bad about the digital tach and completely naked design. It looks neat for that particular design, but I prefer the half-faired version like the 04-09 and the FZ1.

Speaking of the FZ1, isn't it long overdue for an overhaul? Yamaha just redid the FZ6R back in 2010, and they've already abandoned it for the triple?

jspansel

Reaction score
Visit site
Yamaha just redid the FZ6R back in 2010, and they've already abandoned it for the triple?

Eh? Nothing has been redone on the FZ6R other than colors since it came out in 09 (not a re-do of the FZ6, a plain different bike). Doubt they are abandoning it already. Unless you mean the FZ8, which also has not been re-done (besides this years suspention). That was new in '10, not a re-do. But yeah, this would effectively take out the FZ8 I would assume.

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6R was out in 2009? I thought 2009 only had the FZ6. FZ6R is the "slow" replacement with full fairing. Did it not replace the FZ6 in 2010?

I wish they'd just bring the Fazer8 to the US. It's already a half-faired version of the FZ8.

jspansel

Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6R was out in 2009? I thought 2009 only had the FZ6. FZ6R is the "slow" replacement with full fairing. Did it not replace the FZ6 in 2010?

I wish they'd just bring the Fazer8 to the US. It's already a half-faired version of the FZ8.

Yes, 2009. (I had one) ;). It replaced the FZ6 but is not a redesign of the FZ6. Share no parts in common, less power, frame, etc. They co-existed the first year then they dropped the FZ6.

Same thing I think will happen with this FZ-09. I see no reason they will keep the 8 with it.