What was your first bike?

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have any pictures, but as soon as I turned 16 in 1970, I went out and purchased a 1967 Suzuki 250cc X-6 Hustler. Wow, what a screamer she was! Kind of reminds me of my '05 FZ6.

IT LOOKED LIKE THIS ONE
picture.php

Very cool bike! I remember when I was 16 in 1970, I had all the m/c brochures from Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha dog-eared and memorized waiting until I had enough dough to get one. :rockon:
I still think the bikes of the 60's had a really cool design to them.

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
My very first bike was a 1979 Honda Z50 that my Uncle Tony bought in a box of parts along with two others (one being a parts bike) and gave to me and my cousin. It looked very similar to this, except mine was black and ours didn't have headlights. It had a cool number plate with the number 7 on it, which was my favorite number at the time..

110.jpg

After a while, I flooded the engine out in my little fitty because I put too much oil in it. It was at this point that my mom told me that I should NEVER get a motorcycle because they're too dangerous. :spank: So, I went a few years without owning one. I did ride my cousin's Yamaha Virago 250 a few times that he got when he turned 14.

Then, the opportunity to get another motorcycle presented itself, and I was living on my own and paying my own bills, so I broke the news to my mom that I bought myself this..

n20600133_32623678_2665.jpg

It's a 2007 Ninja 250 I bought new (which is almost the exact same bike we just bought for my wife) and I loved it. Yes, I did buy a helmet, but I wasn't wearing it in that picture because I was just sitting on the bike. I am now a HUGE ATGATT promoter because of a wreck I had on this bike, but that's for a different thread.

After about 5000 miles or so of the Ninja 250, I was ready for an upgrade, so I got my beloved FZ6. Here she is new..

n20600133_35512319_2081.jpg

Sure looks a lot different now!