What was your first bike?

jstoof

Reaction score
Visit site
I imagine this thread has been done before but couldnt find one but im curious what everyones first bike was, also do you think it was better to start out on something smaller before getting the FZ6?.... My first was my FZ6 but ive ridden dirt bikes and grew up on a yz125 but feel perfect on the FZ6 and dont feel that it was to big to begin with

Last edited:

fureinku

Reaction score
Visit site
very 1st bike was a yamaha pw-50, classic, i was around 6 years old

last year, i picked up a 96 virago 535 and semi-restored it with my dad, it runs, and always had, but has yet to see pavement by either of us

last week, picked up an 06 FZ6, and lovin it

EDIT: just realized, all three bikes are Yamaha, and i still own the pw-50

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1st bike - '68 or '69 Kawasaki 175 enduro.
1st street bike in 1974 - '68 Triumph Daytona 500 (wish I had kept that one!)

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine was a oarnge 84 honda trail 90 with the step-thru frame and the gas tank under the flip-up seat. There was even a spare one gallon round fuel tank that strapped to the back of the bike on the side. Big shiny rack on the back, 40 mph top speed, low range/high range selector switch on the tranny. What a great first bike. Lots of camping trips with coolers and sleeping bags bungee corded to that big rack, great memories.

Slater

Reaction score
Visit site
first bike was homemade with a honda 50 motor
my parents did not have alot of cash but they did the best they could
next bike was my 2007 fz6 that my wife bought me for fathers day in 2008 :) love that women!

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
My first motorcycle was a 1974 Honda CL200 which belonged to my grandfather. I put several thousand miles on it before I sold it and bought a Jeep for daily transportation.

I still miss it from time to time.

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The mighty Yamaha 1982 SR185...With all of it's 11.8Kw of power at 7700rpm, drum brakes, front and back, & 34mm mikuni carb!

Beast it was not, but it was a hoot to ride, reliable, and cheap to run, while at Uni...

Cost me $900 in 1984, sold it for $850 in 1986! Only mod i ever did, was to leave the half snapped clutch lever & brake lever's on the bike, after i dropped the bike on each side on seperate occasions, resulting in my first ever set of "shorty" levers! :D

Oh, and i put a 140 profile rear tyre on the back...cause it was "tough"! LOL! :D

I rode this bike for all my travelling, and

carried crutches on it, whilst riding with my leg in a plastercast!,

carried a surfboard...dont try this, it doesnt really work!,

played "bike cricket" with it...involves a bit of "off-roading" at your local park,

raced my mate in his Ford GT Capri through the back streets of our suburb,

broke the tail ight, doing "burn outs" after closing time at the pub...

Nearly flipped it doing "mono's", on more than a few occasions, taking off from the traffic light's!

View attachment 26801

Mine was a different colour to this one..mine was "midnight blue" :D

racebrooks

Reaction score
Visit site
My first bike was a brand new 1980 Honda CB750F. Silver with red stripes. I had never had a bike before and my mom loaned me the $2500 to get the bike new. The best OTD price was at Pasadena Honda about 30 miles away. I rode there on the back of a buddie's KZ900.

I drove the bike off the lot with no helmet, no gloves or jacket. Oh, and no insurance.

Totally "no gear none of the time"

I hit the freeway and suprisingly I made it home ok. OMG. WTF. What an idiot.

Who the hell would let someone buy a bike like that?

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
my 1st bike was a honda phantom ta200.
Honda_Phantom_TA200_2004_Right_Side.JPG

the above is not mine, this is the newer version and i changed the front and rear fenders. rode it for slightly more than a year before changing to another honda. fz6 is my 3rd bike.

Prebstar

FZ6 Maintenance Man
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1st bike was a 1987 CR25, first of the CR's to have disc rear end,it was a weapon.

1st road bike was a 1995 ZX6R ninja which i soon found out was an ex race bike, and then noticed a massive crack in the frame.:eek:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1st bike was a Suzuki PE175 , she wasnt street legal but i did thousands of K's on her through the back streets of Sydney , had the sweetest powerband i've ever felt :thumbup: Miss this bike a lot sometimes & would love to restore one :rockon:....

1st street legal road bike was a Honda CBR 1000F , went like a shower of $h!t in its day :D

Yammy Fazerina

Reaction score
Visit site
we've to take 3 diff bikes license here..(below 200cc,up to 400cc and above 400cc) with minimum of after 1 yr of riding experience upon passing of any bike license category.. pretty strict laws here in S'pore..:spank:
first bike : Yamaha RXZ135

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
My first bike was a pw50 when I was 5 or so. I've had a whole slew of bikes since then. Everything from Motocross bikes to Trials bikes. My first Street bike was a 1978 cx500 that was all seized up. My dad and I restored it and I rode that around for 6 or 7 years before I picked up my 06 fz6.
cx500
cx5001.jpg

from what I've read this was the first V-twin that honda ever made!! at least in the states. The thing was a pig to work on because the engine is literally the size of a small car engine. If you have to do anything motor related to the bike you essentially have to drop the engine. Fun to ride though. :thumbup:

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1979 RD250.
Passed my licence on one of these,lowered the bars ,bikini fairing and a 50thou overbore........................oh what fun for $700 :thumbup:

Jonno271

Reaction score
Visit site
Just found this on Bikepics, still there after 8 years! Me on my first bike, a '97 Suzuki RF600. GiloFZ6 should recognise the location!