What seat to buy?

DaweMD

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking a wanting a new seat for my 07 fz6, does anyone have any suggestions. I was looking at the Corbin, I tried getting my seat done here locally but I think I might have done more bad than good. They removed the material and cut back some of the foam on the drivers section and put in a gel pad. Now I can't ride the bike without burning my behind. Even the gel pad turns soft. I had to try something as after a couple of hours of riding I could not walk.

Now I can't ride because it gets to hot. I have a set of Leo Vance cans on order and should have them by next week sometime. Will the exhaust cool things down? Who makes a nice comfy seat and one which will nor heat up?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
Corbin seat is good but quite hard. Your a** will only get sore to a certain point, even on all day rides, (unlike the stock seat).Top saddlery is good and much softer than the Corbin. I've had both but sold the Corbin and currently use the Top Saddlery seat. My a** is a bit more comfy on the TS as opposed to both the stock seat and the Corbin seat.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking a wanting a new seat for my 07 fz6, does anyone have any suggestions. I was looking at the Corbin, I tried getting my seat done here locally but I think I might have done more bad than good. They removed the material and cut back some of the foam on the drivers section and put in a gel pad. Now I can't ride the bike without burning my behind. Even the gel pad turns soft. I had to try something as after a couple of hours of riding I could not walk.

Now I can't ride because it gets to hot. I have a set of Leo Vance cans on order and should have them by next week sometime. Will the exhaust cool things down? Who makes a nice comfy seat and one which will nor heat up?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

This company will fix your seat and doesn't use gel... Usually one day turn around, much cheaper than a new seat and does EXCELLENT work:

Spencers, Page 1

Also, try putting some header insulation wrapped in AC duct tape under your seat, it'll keep any heat from transferring (several layers of aluminum foil wouldn't hurt either to dissapte the heat)

Last edited:

fazed_ya

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the corbin. I love it ....he is right it is hard but there's no pressure point to put your a$$ to sleep with I love the seat and ride all day long

CDE

Reaction score
Visit site
I've debated a long time on what seat to buy, or if to modify it. Given the prices for Spencer's modifications I think I'd start with something like that. If that doesn't meet my needs, then look to new custom seats such as the ones listed by previous members. Maybe during this off season I will give Spencer's seat mods a ring. For under $100 why not.

I've nearly bought the Yamaha comfort seat a few times, but have held off. I think it would certainly be better than a stock seat, but not quite to the level of Corbin.

DaweMD

Reaction score
Visit site
Should I avoid getting the gel pad if i go with the TS seat? I am thinking that this is also part of my problem I am having now. The sun heats the seat up as well as the gel pad and then it holds the heat.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
This company will fix your seat and doesn't use gel... Usually one day turn around, much cheaper than a new seat and does EXCELLENT work:

Spencers, Page 1

Also, try putting some header insulation wrapped in AC duct tape under your seat, it'll keep any heat from transferring (several layers of aluminum foil wouldn't hurt either to dissapte the heat)

I have been looking at this guy for awhile now. IM hesitant to contact him since im a new rider and dont know what my riding style is really yet lol.

I just want a slightly lower ride height and more comfort. I have heard nothing but good things about him, and the price is right.

Haelous

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Spencers, Page 1

+1 for Spencer's. I got mine modified - 200-300 mile trips without a problem.

I also had Spencer customize my seat. He customizes it for wherever you sit on the seat and your weight. Night and day difference from the stock seat, especially for long rides.

The only bad part is being without your seat while he does it.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been looking at this guy for awhile now. IM hesitant to contact him since im a new rider and dont know what my riding style is really yet lol.

I just want a slightly lower ride height and more comfort. I have heard nothing but good things about him, and the price is right.

+1 on the above post.

He knew my bike and what contours to trim for my size(seemed very knowledgeable). I was already comfy with the countours, just needed it a little softer. The "Supracore" he uses takes some breaking in, unlike Gel... I'm very, very happy his work. It looks bone stock...

Once you call him and tell him what you want, it will be done in a day, trimming, pad, etc.

It literally takes longer to get it shipped than the work. You do have to enclose a return label so he doesn't have to get to UPS, etc (they'll pick up at his place). Mine was about 5 days, he's on the other coast of Florida from where I am...