what mileage do you get to the tank?

multiplicity

Reaction score
Visit site
If I wait for the petrol (Yes, from the UK!!) guage to flash and fill it up (roughly £12) then I get almost exactly 100 miles before the guage starts flashing again. I only commute on it and never get out of 30 mph zones or higher than 3rd gear. Just wondering what you guys get?

H

HavBlue

Bleeding Nelly, I got the message after the first three posts....he,he,he

Havin trouble Neil?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If I wait for the petrol (Yes, from the UK!!) guage to flash and fill it up (roughly £12) then I get almost exactly 100 miles before the guage starts flashing again. I only commute on it and never get out of 30 mph zones or higher than 3rd gear. Just wondering what you guys get?
Hi,
I have a similar commute to you, I have found one of the biggest variables on town gas milage is how many stop starts you have to do. Typically I short shift and use the entire gear box. I put 15 - 20 quid in every other week. I get between 125 & 140 miles between fill ups. Town commutes really suck up the juice.

Nelly

H

HavBlue

Thanks Neil. I wanted to be sure I understood you...... GRIN!!!!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Neil. I wanted to be sure I understood you...... GRIN!!!!
Sorry Guys,
I don't know what happened. I tried to post a reply and my PC kept freezing so I re-posted as you already know lol. I blame interstella radio waves........

Nelly

H

HavBlue

Sorry Guys,
I don't know what happened. I tried to post a reply and my PC kept freezing so I re-posted as you already know lol. I blame interstella radio waves........

Nelly

Dang, I thought you had been sniffing the Autoclave again...he,he,he...

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dang, I thought you had been sniffing the Autoclave again...he,he,he...
No Charlie,
I am at home today, just getting ready open a cold one and watch the Monaco F1 GP.
The weather over there is really interesting. Rain, dry, rain, dry.
Should make for an interesting start. Usually a boring race though. Its normally won in qualifying or in the pits. I can't recall the last time I saw a proper overtaking pass at Monaco.

Nelly

H

HavBlue

You can watch it live here:

ITV Sport

Nelly

Sorry Neil, today is the 92nd running of the Greatest Spectacle in Racing; the Indianapolis 500 where you will find open speeds exceeding 220mph, 11 rookies, 3 women and about 500,000 crazy American gearheads watching 33 cars going for a purse of more than a million dollars. Granted it may only be worth 500,000 now but that's life right......??

W

wrightme43

190-200 miles is usually 4-4.3 gallons. When I am having extra happy fun time, the gas milages goes way down. 2cnd and 3rd thru the back roads of KY eat up some fuel, tires, and brake pads. Woo!

H

HavBlue

190-200 miles is usually 4-4.3 gallons. When I am having extra happy fun time, the gas milages goes way down. 2cnd and 3rd thru the back roads of KY eat up some fuel, tires, and brake pads. Woo!

Yup and oh what a buttload of fun it is too.....

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry Neil, today is the 92nd running of the Greatest Spectacle in Racing; the Indianapolis 500 where you will find open speeds exceeding 220mph, 11 rookies, 3 women and about 500,000 crazy American gearheads watching 33 cars going for a purse of more than a million dollars. Granted it may only be worth 500,000 now but that's life right......??
Each to their own Charlie, I think you may be able to get highlights from that link to.
Enjoy your race.

Nelly

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
My last 4 tanks have all been within a couple miles of being the same when I hit reserve. I'm getting 150 miles and putting about 4 gallons in every time. around 37-38 miles a gallon. I was hoping the first two tanks were a fluke and it would go up, but 4 tanks later it is holding steady.:mad:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
....going for a purse of more than a million dollars. Granted it may only be worth 500,000 now but that's life right......??

Well, it was 2.5 mill but they had to buy gas so the winner got $312.87 after taxes and paying the gas bill. :thumbup:

Dixon put on a helluva show! WOW! Winning is tough but from the poll?!? Great job Scott!

To remain on topic, with the new bike, I'm having a hard time getting over 175 miles on a tank. On the '05 I was getting 205 to 210 before the reserve kicked in. 1400 miles on the new bike now...

Last edited:

OkieDavid

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I'm just staying out of the throttle a little more than some who have posted their mileage. I typically shift and keep the rpms below 7500 and have been getting around 180 miles and fill up w/one bar and usually holds 3.6-3.8 gallons. I haven't seen the flashing bar so I don't know how much farther I could go.