What kind of locks should I use?

52pickup

Reaction score
Visit site
Being a total newcomer I wanted to ask about security locks. What kind or combination of types should I use to secure my bike which may have to be street parked until I move in June.

Thanks.

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
If i had to leave my bike on the street at night i would use an alarmed disc lock and i would chain it to something that doesn't move.

I have a Xena alarmed disc lock, they are a bit expensive but IMO worth it, they fit under the seat, and have a mega loud alarm that most thieves would probably not expect since they look like a regular disc lock.

My bike lives in a garage, so i keep mine under my seat in case i have to leave my bike somewhere.

This is the one i have:

Motorcycle security: XX10 disc-lock alarm for motorcycles, scooters & ATVs

long101

Reaction score
Visit site
If i had to leave my bike on the street at night i would use an alarmed disc lock and i would chain it to something that doesn't move.

I have a Xena alarmed disc lock, they are a bit expensive but IMO worth it, they fit under the seat, and have a mega loud alarm that most thieves would probably not expect since they look like a regular disc lock.

My bike lives in a garage, so i keep mine under my seat in case i have to leave my bike somewhere.

This is the one i have:

Motorcycle security: XX10 disc-lock alarm for motorcycles, scooters & ATVs

I've been reading reviews on that unit, looks promising. I dont park on the street, but when traveling it could be very useful without lugging around cables.

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been reading reviews on that unit, looks promising. I dont park on the street, but when traveling it could be very useful without lugging around cables.

This is the reason i have it.
I don't use it at home but leave it under the seat in case i have to park somewhere where i can't keep an eye on the bike.

IMO cables are a waste of time and space, any half decent bolt cutter will go through them like a knife through butter.

bdevries

Reaction score
Visit site
I have kryptonite lock that I put around my brake disk.. not sure how many bolt cutters could cut through this.. chances are better that they would pick it. IMO theres not a lot of point in anything more, if someone REALLY wants to steal it, they get it.

Beerdrinker

2^57885161-1
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an alarm with shock sensor, extra inclination sensor, self powered etc...
The alarm with the extra sensors is expensive but the bike is much more... I think the bike is very fragile, in little time a guy can damage things or steal parts, it's very easy to dismount! At least the alarm makes a lot of noise if something touch the bike!

247033%20kvqx.jpg

And a cable lock like this I rarely use.
If the cable lock is at the wheel, they can take all the rest without cutting the cable!:scared:
00072-2.jpg