What is the primary use of your FZ6?

What is the primary use of your FZ6?

• Pleasure: I ride my FZ6 mostly on weekends and days I'm off work

Votes: 36 21.3%
  • Pleasure: I ride my FZ6 mostly for trips over 100 miles

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Pleasure: I ride my FZ6 mostly for bike events, shows, etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Commute: I ride my FZ6 to work most of the time and sometimes for pleasure

Votes: 78 46.2%
  • Commute: I ride my FZ6 to work only when the weather is perfect, mostly for pleasure.

Votes: 20 11.8%
  • Commute: I ride my FZ6 to work all the time because I don't own a cage!

Votes: 16 9.5%
  • 2-Up: I ride my FZ6 when I have a passenger only, otherwise I take my other bike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 5.3%

• Total voters

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I voted commute when the weather is good and riding for pleasure most of the time. Wasn't the ideal choice for how I see my riding but I guess that is close enough. I consider the commute to school ride as pleasure. :thumbup:

I'll ride to school and back then think up random excuses to go other places later in the day. Every so often I'll just go out riding for no reason at all with no destination.

SamuraiMark

n00b++
Reaction score
Visit site
I commute pretty much every day from March to December, rain or shine, do occasional shorter joy rides around the local twisties and I have been ramping up my longer distance touring over time with some overnighters and weekenders.

- Mark

Beerdrinker

2^57885161-1
Reaction score
Visit site
I ride all year and it's always for pleasure!
Drive to work it's a pleasure (not the work it self) also as trips are a pleasure!
And even sometimes, when I'm feeling down, I ride my FZ6 for a while and I feel always better! :Sport:

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Basically only commuting

Ever since I got married and had kids, I basically only commute on my bike and it's less than five miles each way.... I'm embarrassed how low the mileage is on my 2004 FZ6 which I bought new.

But, I still have a motorcycle and I still ride it, even if it's not much.

With young kids and no family nearby to watch them, I just don't have time to get out much. I've only taken my wife on ONE motorcycle ride since we've been married!

Sometimes I can sneak out for half an hour or so, and luckily I live in an area with wonderful, curvy, hilly backroads (albeit with no visibility due to the trees) less than a mile from me.

Prince Valium

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought the FZ was a sport bike with an upright seating position based on an earlier R6 super sport "sport bike?" Not sure about the sweeping generalizations here, but as far as the poll question, I bought my 09 as I wanted an all rounder with reasonable performance and was not ready for the committed riding position of a super sport. Along with taking my wife with me on rides occasionally it was the best decision. I mainly use it to ride through the beautiful Santa Cruz mtns here in CA on the weekends and commute 25 mi each way in very congested and dangerous traffic about 2x mo only in dry weather which in this area is all year round. Eventually I will need more power though and something that will warp me in to light speed.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought the FZ was a sport bike with an upright seating position based on an earlier R6 super sport "sport bike?" Not sure about the sweeping generalizations here, but as far as the poll question, I bought my 09 as I wanted an all rounder with reasonable performance and was not ready for the committed riding position of a super sport. Along with taking my wife with me on rides occasionally it was the best decision. I mainly use it to ride through the beautiful Santa Cruz mtns here in CA on the weekends and commute 25 mi each way in very congested and dangerous traffic about 2x mo only in dry weather which in this area is all year round. Eventually I will need more power though and something that will warp me in to light speed.

Need more power? You mean "want"! If the FZ6 were a car it would have 500 horse power!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I have 5 bikes in the garage, does that make me schizophrenic???? :what:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I have 5 bikes in the garage, does that make me schizophrenic???? :what:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Are you talking go me or are you talking to me!?!? :confused::eek::p

Sent from Moto's Droid using Tapatalk 2 :mikebike:

norcalwelder

Reaction score
Visit site
I ride year round in East Texas, commuting to school and work. I usually put about 150 miles a week on the bike from running around, plus another 100 miles or so from taking the ladies out for a spin! :rockon:

UHcougarJohn

Reaction score
Visit site
Primary mode of transportaion unless its raining or I have to cary more than fits in the givi.

In Houston I ride year round:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 2

banjoboy

Reaction score
Visit site
I dun put "other" cuz mah FZ6's main role iz dirtbike. :rockon:

IMG_1200___2.jpg

Butt, see'in I dun tossed mah FJR down the road a few weeks back, (And totalled it.) the little FZ is do'in it all now! :cheer:

Don't Panic

Reaction score
Visit site
I dun put "other" cuz mah FZ6's main role iz dirtbike. :rockon:

Butt, see'in I dun tossed mah FJR down the road a few weeks back, (And totalled it.) the little FZ is do'in it all now! :cheer:

How well does it do in the dirt? :D I've been wanting to try it, just for fun

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mainly purposeful riding since I'm a student and work any days I don't goto school. Occasionally will get a recreational ride in but it's rare, I still make each commute more interesting with the FZ though

Burt2707

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd ride my bike to work every day if I didn't have to wear dress clothes.

Smart business attire required here at work, I commute everyday, no exceptions shirt and pants neatly folded in a backpack ;) (pretty good weather here in Perth) pretty scary on some of the stormy days during winter but not many of those...

Not all that experienced, been riding around 2 yrs, 1st year over here is on a restricted bike by law, bought the FZ the day i could legally ride it on my own. Learnt the bigger bike on my old mans BMW R1100S, i must say the bigger bikes are just plain easier to ride...

Always obey all road laws and respect other road users.

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dust collector. Rode it twice last year...maybe 4 times this year...shes just too purty to get rid of..:rolleyes:

Lost my love of riding(and my back hurts too much)..bought a boat and theres nothing I enjoy more than sitting on the water with some friends catching some fatties...this one was at the beginning of Sept....

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
Stick me in the yellow box. It's a commuter 99% of the time. But I'm actually gettin to ride for fun this weekend! I've got a nice route picked out and everything..........

scottm

Reaction score
Visit site
I ride my bike whenever it is possible or convenient. I enjoy the commute to work and riding on weekends or trips, and use it to run errands. You would be surprised what you can strap on the FZ6.:thumbup: