What is the best Tail Bag for the fz6?

B4sok

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking to buy a tail bag for my FZ6, what's recommended(make,ease of fitting,caacity)?Any suggestions appreciated:thumbup:

tweak89

Reaction score
Visit site
You kind of vague on what you are looking for. Do you want one for touring, daily driving, hauling your laptop to work or just need a place to stash basics while out in about??

If it's the latter, then the Axio Hard (top only) tail bag is probably the best that category. Great looking and quite functional. When we were at Deals Gap earlier this year I had the tailbag on my GT650 and put an extra visor, flat repair kit, sunglasses case, bottle of water, disc lock along with 2 hats and two shirts.

I had a Cortech bag (very similar to the one mentioned above) on my old '05 FZ. Another really good bag for everyday use.

Last edited:

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I bought this one and have gotten a lot of use out of it. I've been able to fit enough clothing and other gear for a 4 day trip in it. Cortech Sport Tail Bag at BikeBandit.com

+1000 on the cortech. you can get it shipped for 62 dollars from newenough.com. I love mine and will be getting the matching saddlebags eventually after picking up the super mini tank bag as well. Really dig the cortech stuff.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I love my motrax lock carrier for daily essentials. It's tiny and unobtrusive, dirt cheap and I can get everything I need in there easily. If I'm lugging lots of stuff around I use my expandable Humpback tank bag too.

kevlarian

Reaction score
Visit site
Cortech Spot Bag is great, one of the few bags that will fit a laptop. Fits a ton when it's expanded.

Everyone says that it fits a laptop, however, I have to ask...

A) What sized laptop
B) Is that a laptop IN a case, or just alone
C) Can somone provide a picture of their laptop in the Cortech tailbag

The reason is, I am a daily commuter, and have to bring a laptop with me every day. If I could put my laptop (in it's case) in the bag, my life would instantly become easier! Please fill in the blanks above, especially the picture.

htdub

Reaction score
Visit site
15 and 17" macbook pro's in sleeve's fit very nicely. 15" fits without expanding the whole bag, via the 2 zippers. It's nice because the bag isn't huge on the bike.

My friend's hugmongo 17" toshiba laptop will fit as well, very surprised, it's probaly one of the bigger laptops that you would want to put in a tail bag, weight wise the thing weighs almost 10lbs.

Photos

15" MBP, no sleeve, unexpanded

photo.jpg

15" MBP, sleeve, unexpanded

photo%202.jpg

15" MBP, sleeve, expanded to give about another 5" of width

photo%203.jpg

17" Toshiba Beast Qosimo, expanded, without sleeve, about a 1" of room left for sleeve

photo%204.jpg

Last edited:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How well does this work as a tank bag on our FZ6 tank? Have you tried it, if so, any pictures?

Thanks!

I will try to get to this by the weekend( put in 12 hours today - pooped)......it has the magnets inside non-skid flaps type of set up. When using as a tail bag, they just tuck under.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here are a couple pictures showing the underside magnetic flaps I mentioned.