What gear do you wear all the time

What gear do you use on a short or long ride?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Full Gear every time!!!,- You newer know when that insane cage will hit out of no-where!!

EDIT: Full Gear also includes a back "turtle" shield, - we only got the one spine!!

Better safe than sorry.

Last edited:
ATGATT + prayer( one to stay safe and another thanking GOD when I make it home safe :thumbup:) All gear even when I ride to the gym which is only a mile from my house. I just wear my workout gear under my jacket and pants.

ATGATT. All three of my offs have been on local roads on short trips, and because of wearing my gear I've walked away from all three with nothing but bruises.

If I'd have been in typical squid gear I'd have a lot less skin on me now.

This is my general setup as well.

oh and for the record I chose HELMET, GLOVES, JACKET since the above is not an option

same here. above with boots always. I guess unless it is over 100 degrees, then I MAY skip the jacket, depending on the ride. For summer jaunts by myself I throw the leathers on :thumbup:

All gear All the time. I never wear anything if is not from Head to Toe motorcycle protection garmet. To many crazy drivers in NJ so I don't trust anyone.

For those members who think not putting on that extra gear on those short trips down the road or around the block Think again, as most accidents occur within 5-10 minutes of your ride.

Always ride with full face helmet, armored jacket, gloves, jeans and hiking boots. Haven't found a pair of riding boots i can run around in with my cousins (5 and 6), and just haven't gotten armored pants yet. If i'm riding to the train station for work though, I'm usually in my dress slacks, but still have everything else on.

For the first two years or so I rode in the summer time without my jacket on. And until I had my spill I was sometimes with gloves and sometimes without. Luckily when I dumped and did my hands, knees and hip slide on the pavement I had gloves on. I've worn a pair ever since.

One of my coworkers had a spill on his Honda in just a golf shirt and shorts. Later that week I had found a mesh jacket to my liking and bought it. I still sweat, but I don't want to end up that rashed up. I have two pairs of pants that I alternate btwn depending on my mood. Neither of them have hip pads tho. I don't need a new jacket right now, but I'm really lusting after the one I attached. Does that look appealing to anyone else besides me? :) I Love it for some reason!

Oh, I forgot to say what I wear :) Boots, Jacket, Gloves, Helmet, and most days one of two pants that have knee protection. Other days I wear the heavier weight Carharts.

:blowkiss:

Last edited:
Helmet, jacket (with shoulder and elbow armor), boots, gloves...no matter what distance. The survey question didn't account for this combo, though. Thinking about getting a pair of riding jeans.

Just about always wear full Boots, if not, then shorty urban style bike boots. Always wear a jacket with full armour. Just about always leather pants with full armour, if not, Kevlar lined Jeans. Always wear decent gloves. Of course, always, my HJC Carbon AC12 helmet.

:rockon:

EVERYTHING! :O

Full face, padded jacket/pants, boots and gloves.

Being 16 and in posession of an FZ-6 makes me feel foolish if I wear anything less

For the first two years or so I rode in the summer time without my jacket on. And until I had my spill I was sometimes with gloves and sometimes without. Luckily when I dumped and did my hands, knees and hip slide on the pavement I had gloves on. I've worn a pair ever since.

One of my coworkers had a spill on his Honda in just a golf shirt and shorts. Later that week I had found a mesh jacket to my liking and bought it. I still sweat, but I don't want to end up that rashed up. I have two pairs of pants that I alternate btwn depending on my mood. Neither of them have hip pads tho. I don't need a new jacket right now, but I'm really lusting after the one I attached. Does that look appealing to anyone else besides me? :) I Love it for some reason!

Oh, I forgot to say what I wear :) Boots, Jacket, Gloves, Helmet, and most days one of two pants that have knee protection. Other days I wear the heavier weight Carharts.

:blowkiss:

Those are cool but I wonder how much protection that thin mesh actually offers... thats more of a thing to wear under a non padded rash proff jacket

Back