What do you listen to while carving a canyon?

KindredGhost

Reaction score
Visit site
So in the state of california it's illegal to listen to headphones while you ride. The weird part is it's legal if there are speakers in your helmet. Go figure.

Anyway, I was carving Angeles Crest & listening to Anberlin and Mae (alt/indie rock) and the addition of music to riding really just puts iceing <SP?> on the cake. Nothing beats leaning into a turn at 60+ while listening to your favorite band. MMMM!!! Sometimes better than sex.

So what do you guys listen to while tearing it up?

KG

damnpoor

Reaction score
Visit site
Which Anberlin album?

In Cali it's legal if you only have one ear covered. I usually put my techno collection on random and just let the beats blair away.

KindredGhost

Reaction score
Visit site
Which Anberlin album?

In Cali it's legal if you only have one ear covered. I usually put my techno collection on random and just let the beats blair away.

Tough question... although i liked them all, Cities for me stands out as good riding music.

They are coming to L.A. too! I'm going to see them play at the Glass House in Pomona and the Jimmy Kimmel show too!

KG

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Oz, nothing wrong with a bit of Techno. If I had speakers in my helmet, I'd have FreshFM playing whilst riding (after I get sick of the Leo's tunes.. that is..lol).

:)

Last edited:

damnpoor

Reaction score
Visit site
Tough question... although i liked them all, Cities for me stands out as good riding music.

They are coming to L.A. too! I'm going to see them play at the Glass House in Pomona and the Jimmy Kimmel show too!

KG

I have yet to grow into Cities. I'm still a Never Take Friendship Personal kinda guy.

New album supposed to be coming out in 8 days.

I

inkrediboy

LIke this post -

I just started doing this myself, 2 weeks ago. Got a set of skull candy "ink'd" headphones, inner buds - that act like ear plugs minimizing external air racket, while pumping music into the ear . I have to agree with one of the riders here "icing on the cake" - you really don't know what your missing till you've tried it. With the right volume balance, you can hear the roar of the pipes - feel your RPM's, and lose yourself in the music and road. It truly does add a new intensity and joy to riding. Makes stop lights quite bearable as a matter of fact. I ride like this every day.

Slayer - Godsmack - Korn - Slipknot - Tool, A perfect Circle and some twisties are a recipe for some tasty adventures.... yes please, may I have another :) I also agree with other riders here - some good Crystal Method - Prodigy, or DJ BT style techno works wonders on any road, especially fast straight aways and open freeways.

Grab some inner phones - and rock some Metallic "Justice for All" before you take off - you will catch the habit really quick.

Ipod nano in the pants pocket - wire hidden underneath shirt and phones routed through collar into your lid. Simply perfect.

J

jsteinb95

Sorry mate, I must be just to damn old for that,I can't stand it !

lol....how can you not like this music?!?!? LOL :rolleyes:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnLI5UcNu5s&feature=related"]YouTube - Techno Rave![/ame]