what do you guys think? (again)

NewKidOnTheBlock

Reaction score
Visit site
well once again i wanna know what you guys think on a bike im looking at, the last one i was looking to buy was taken before i could get to it. :(

but found a 2008 FZ6 with 10,500 miles on it. i did a few back and forth over email with him and this is the "absolute best he can do". what do ya think? plus i have to ship it or fly and drive it back.... :D

*price is in the pics*

well the picture with the price wont upload so....the final price is 3,511$
but that's with a document fee of 50$ which i think is BS.

Last edited:

FZ6_Dude

FZ6 Corner Carver
Reaction score
Visit site
sounds like a good price where is it located i would ride it back... but that's just me... also if it is a dealership you can get them to waive that they won't let the deal fall through over 50$ man...

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Better take vacation then, lol. Just get some kind of info on it. I'd be hard pressed to drive 1,000 miles to look at a bike that didn't have a full maintaince record. Across town, sure. I can ride it, poke around in it, quiz the owner, etc, and if I want to walk away then I'm only out a little bit of my time. Not out of vacation days as well.

Also you won't be tempted to think, "Well, I drove all this way and it's not THAT bad off."

NewKidOnTheBlock

Reaction score
Visit site
well honestly I'm thinking if i really do want it ill get it shipped, but its from Harley dealer so that's why I'm trusting it to be spotless...but even at then I'm skeptical

5spoke

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my 2008 with 4500 miles on it for about $100 out the door (including taxes, tags and everything) than they are going to charge you, and I also bought it from a dealer, a BMW dealer. I think since you are considering atleast another few hundred dollars travel/shipping expenses you should see if he will work with you a bit more. Its a big commitment to take a bike sight unseen or make a 1000 mile trip to check it out, I think the sales guy should understand that and work with you a bit more. Just my two cents.

Edit: Where is the bike located, you could always get a forum member who lives near by to go do a quick check for you, most of us are willing to go poke around a motorcycle dealership for a few minutes just for fun, why not help a fellow rider out.

LeaN69

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my 2008 with 4500 miles on it for about $100 out the door (including taxes, tags and everything) than they are going to charge you, and I also bought it from a dealer, a BMW dealer. I think since you are considering atleast another few hundred dollars travel/shipping expenses you should see if he will work with you a bit more. Its a big commitment to take a bike sight unseen or make a 1000 mile trip to check it out, I think the sales guy should understand that and work with you a bit more. Just my two cents.

Edit: Where is the bike located, you could always get a forum member who lives near by to go do a quick check for you, most of us are willing to go poke around a motorcycle dealership for a few minutes just for fun, why not help a fellow rider out.

I WILL PAY YOU DOUBLE! lol

NewKidOnTheBlock

Reaction score
Visit site

I WILL PAY TRIPLE!! lol, The bike is in Paris, Texas. Know anybody that could be of help?

and yea i think ill see if i can get him to work with me just a little more but said quote: "I really want to sell you this bike. This is the absolute best I can do." so even then I'm not expecting them to budge much.

5spoke

Reaction score
Visit site

I WILL PAY TRIPLE!! lol, The bike is in Paris, Texas. Know anybody that could be of help?

and yea i think ill see if i can get him to work with me just a little more but said quote: "I really want to sell you this bike. This is the absolute best I can do." so even then I'm not expecting them to budge much.

That was supposed to say $100 more than they are quoting you. I paid $3675 to drive my 4500 mile one owner 2008 fz6 home from the dealer.

The dealer wants to sell the bike to the first person they can get their price out of, don't think he is doing you any favors and wants to help you out. He wants as much of your money as he can get. Try to be reasonable with him and explain the situation, you having to take his word on the bikes condition worries you, or the extra money and time you have to spend to fly out and get it is also worrisome. The key is to sound very interested but not desperate. He needs to believe you will actually buy the bike if you come see it, as well as walk away if the price isn't right. If he thinks he has you buy the balls he won't budge on price.

Out of curiosity what were they asking originally? They were asking $4500 for mine for some comparison.

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Visit site
There are a lot of reputable shipping companies that specialize in this sort of thing, its insured and everything. I think there is one that specializes in motorcycle that actually checks the bike out for you when they go.

With that said, you are looking at a couple hundred for shipping alone. Factor that in with the fact you havnt seen the bike in person or REALLY know its past history and it just might not be worth it. You could spend all that money and discover a lurking problem that would have been caught with a quick ride around town. So lets say its 3,600 out the door from dealer plus another 650 total for shipping with taxes/insurance. Thats $4,250 total for a bike you havnt even sat on?

I spent 2,650 on my 06' with 20k miles and had the guy drive it down from 4 hours away. I've spent the past month trying to diagnose a problem that im sure he knew about but I didnt pick up on till too late.

IMHO, you should look more local than 1,000 miles. Atleast pick a distance you could drive, even if a couple hours away, and see the bike.

Whatever you decide, good luck man. And safe riding. :D

NewKidOnTheBlock

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for the advice, and they were asking for 3900$ originally.

and i would get something local if i could, but there isn't anything within my area that is a reasonable price and is an 07+ model. :(

i'm now really wanting to see if i can find somebody to check it out for me...

5spoke

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for the advice, and they were asking for 3900$ originally.

and i would get something local if i could, but there isn't anything within my area that is a reasonable price and is an 07+ model. :(

i'm now really wanting to see if i can find somebody to check it out for me...

If you are seriously going to consider it see if you can find someone to check it out before you even consider shipping/traveling.

Go here and either make a thread asking people if they would be willing to help, or pm some people and see if they are willing to help you out.
USA Southwest - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

If they are close by and could at least go and make sure nothing is obviously wrong and report back to you, you would at least have one more opinion that is not coming from someone who is trying to sell it to you.

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
1000 miles from Florida in what direction? I'm sure someone could look at it for you, but honestly I'd look for something closer to home. The deals are there, just have to be patient.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I honestly would pass. Be patient, a bike will pop up quicker than you think. You just have to be very active on this forum and on craigs list too, somebody is always getting rid of their bikes.

The only way I would agree to make that deal is for that price to include shipping.

bubbacrow76

Reaction score
Visit site
i was patient and found a 2006 w/ 6700 mi., scorp. slip ons, sliders, and a 12v outlet for $2800 that was 10 miles from me in brenham. looked for about 2 months. good luck no doubt but if you are not on a gotta have it today kinda schedule then u can make out better. mine was a private seller in feb. that had bills to pay. good luck. and dont be so stuck on the fz unless u just gotta have it. u will love any bike u get. keep it dirty side down and u can always sell it for what u got it for if it was a deal. :Flash:
i saw mine on craigslist, find a search engine that searches ALL craigslists in an expanding radius, like i said any good bike at a good price is gold.

Last edited:

ryan00ss

Reaction score
Visit site
well once again i wanna know what you guys think on a bike im looking at, the last one i was looking to buy was taken before i could get to it. :(

but found a 2008 FZ6 with 10,500 miles on it. i did a few back and forth over email with him and this is the "absolute best he can do". what do ya think? plus i have to ship it or fly and drive it back.... :D

*price is in the pics*

well the picture with the price wont upload so....the final price is 3,511$
but that's with a document fee of 50$ which i think is BS.

AHH i thought you were the guy that bought that last 07 blue FZ6 in ft lauderdale! I applied for the loan and everything and was trying to put a deposit down because i couldnt get down there until the next weekend. I called him trying to get his address to send the check to and he said it was gone.But I was like aw **** when i saw you posted his same ad. I thought u had it for sure lol. No worries though, i picked up a 06 with 3k miles for 2800. That black looks sick though. Youll find the one you want. Good luck man!

NewKidOnTheBlock

Reaction score
Visit site
AHH i thought you were the guy that bought that last 07 blue FZ6 in ft lauderdale! I applied for the loan and everything and was trying to put a deposit down because i couldnt get down there until the next weekend. I called him trying to get his address to send the check to and he said it was gone.But I was like aw **** when i saw you posted his same ad. I thought u had it for sure lol. No worries though, i picked up a 06 with 3k miles for 2800. That black looks sick though. Youll find the one you want. Good luck man!

LOLOL noo i wish! same thing happened to me unfortunately!!! :D
i wanted that bike so bad too :Flash:
damn the lucky man who got it

ryan00ss

Reaction score
Visit site
LOLOL noo i wish! same thing happened to me unfortunately!!! :D
i wanted that bike so bad too :Flash:
damn the lucky man who got it

Haha i wanted it too! Oh and btw you prob already saw this, but theres red 06 fz with 5k thats real clean in winter springs. Idk if u wanted 07 and up and blue but i was gonna buy that one today cause it was clean and then my blue 06 popped up at 1130 this morning and picked it up for real cheap. I got the red fz down to 3400 from 3900 though. Dont think hes goin that much lower but he was willing to write it off as a gift so u dont pay taxes. Heres the link 2006 Yamaha FZ6 5k miles

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
You couldn't pay me $3500 to ride a stock FZ6 1000+ miles from TX to FL in July. The seat. The heat. The slab. The buffeting. Fugetaboutit!

You live in FL. If there isn't an '07+ FZ6 available right now, just wait. Or if you're impatient, pick up an earlier model and save some cash. I doubt you'll be able to tell the difference riding it.

Download the free version and check it every couple days: Download CraigsPal | CraigsPal