What do you drive

I drive an '06 Hyundai Sonata as my winter commuter and my '95 Chevy Suburban fills in as the family truckster for camping, boating and shopping duties.

I don't have a dream car but one I would like again is a '67 Pontiac GTO. I had one as a kid; 400 cid four barrel (didn't have the tri-power carbs) with a 3 speed manual. Handled like a dump truck but would fly down the road in a straight line. I sold it to a school buddy in '84 so I could buy my '84 Honda VT500 Ascot. He wrecked it after about a month.....

Oh relative to torque-steer, I'll give shaggystyle that his Altima might have very little torque-steer but every FWD has some and the more hp/torque the more obvious it gets.

Yeah, zero may not have been the correct term, but it's hardly noticable. Especially when compared to my old accord. That thing would all but sidestep into the next lane over if I gave it much gas. I was pretty skeptical at first with the altima, but after I test drove it I was really impressed. I wouldn't say the steering suffered much either. It's actually pretty confident under hard acceleration even in tight corners. Of course all of this comes with a bias :p.

I tested a Speed6 when I was shopping....I liked it but thought it was a little rough around the edges (i.e. stiff and noisy with noticable torque lag). If I was looking for a weekend racer i might have gone for it. Also (and this might be poking the bear), I have serious reservation buying a (non-truck) vehicle made by ford. Eh, enough car talk.

my daily is a c class benz and my toy is an old cj.

100_1157.jpg

100_1060.jpg

This is what I use to drive. Bought it brand new back in '04. 4x4 1500 Dodge Ram Hemi, Laramie package (leather package) loaded, and had a few mods on it as well. Only got 11 mpg. Now, my bike is my only mode of transport, rain or shine.

Not sure what I my dream vehicle would be. Maybe, I never want to become another cager again.

I tested a Speed6 when I was shopping....I liked it but thought it was a little rough around the edges (i.e. stiff and noisy with noticable torque lag). If I was looking for a weekend racer i might have gone for it. Also (and this might be poking the bear), I have serious reservation buying a (non-truck) vehicle made by ford.

Everything's relative - coming from the Miata with full exhaust and adjustable suspension I doubt I could find a another sedan that has the fancy stuff (leather, htd seats, keyless, etc) and still feels a little rough around the edges which for me is a good thing. It's one of the reason I never really loved the W8 - too isolated from the experience. I'd say the turbo lag is characteristic of turbo cars but on the lower end and I find it's much less than say a WRX. Mazda also changed the engine tune (and clutch if the owner wanted it) and that took a lot of the "lumpy" power delivery away.

I don't get too wound up about the Ford thing - the Speeds are all built in Japan as opposed to the regular 6s which helps some. My current theory is that every cars engine/transmission is pretty damn reliable these days and (at a price point) most of the electrical components are about equal so you're buying fit/finish/quality of interior materials and basic style/design.

Last edited:
I have a Citroen C3

My little C3 has been craving attention so I have added some more pictures. :D

It told me to mention that it has...

BMC Carbon filter with cold RAM air feed
Catback Stainless Steel free flow Exhaust,
SuperChip reprogrammed ECU for above
17” x 7” KN Race Line Alloys with 205/40 Toyo Proxy R1 Tyres
Tar OX radial grooved discs all round, vented at the front, with EBC green pads
Spax lowered Springs with KONI adjustable Dampers
StrutBrace
Full Leather interior
DVD Player with remote control
Lexus rear light clusters
PIAA bulbs

Last edited:
Here's my truck... 03 Ford Superduty with the 6.0 powerstroke. It was my dream truck when I bought it and I've been told by my wife that it will be for the next 5 years. I bought it new and still love it. I also have a 03 Suburban....

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE
2002 Chevy Suburban LS 1500

View attachment 1253

Dream car would be one of the new Camaros (yet to be released) or a Bentley Coupe (if I became sick-phat rich).

BTW - Since I got the bike, my wife has taken over both cars and turned them into her personal rolling trash cans.

Steering torque on the Altima is brutal if you drive it like you stole it. I have had it up to 140 mph (according to the speedo) it's a pretty fun ride. But yeah, turn the wheels and floor it, you're pretty much gonna sit there are burn tire! (And I'm pretty sure your newer model has about 30 more hp than mine too Shaggystyle).

w00t, another nissan man!
I don't think it's that much.....previous model was 250 base, i think, and the SER had 260-265. The newer ones actually are really nifty. They shortened the wheelbase by something like three inches (without sacrificing interior space) and cut out almost all of the torque steer by lowering the engine (the half-shafts are now perfectly level). I really love it, but not as my bike, which is evident from both ODOs (the bike is damn close to passing up the car). Only thing I wasn't willing to go for was the CVT, a man's not a man if he doesn't shift his own gears:Flip:

Only thing I wasn't willing to go for was the CVT, a man's not a man if he doesn't shift his own gears:Flip:

Yeah, I don't trust those things anyways. But unfortunately mine is auto, have to blame the wife for that one.

She said she could not and would not drive a stick, so I got the auto.

But I did get the 3.5 SE as opposed to the 2.5 so we each compromised a little. ;)

Nissan is definitely a good value product.

Those who want to buy American can't really do it anymore anyway. So many parts on the American brands aren't made here anyway so what's the difference.

I worked on my Suburban this weekend and it was driving me crazy because half to bolts are standard and half are metric. They just want us all to have to buy more tools (I smell a conspiracy!).

2000 Mustang GT. Got it before the bike. Wanted speed and power. Now i have a new toy (FZ6), So i don't drive it much.
Dream car is a Saleen Mustang. Vroom Vroom :rockon:

Back