What do you all do for a living?....

Jez

Reaction score
Visit site
I am so cool :D .

I'm the (not very) old git in the corner chatting up the nubile twenty-something girls with stories about "When I was in Africa..." ;)

We call them Greasies. Guardian Readers In Ethnic Skirts. :)

Last edited:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I work in the alcohol disposal field.....i drink as much as possible to keep it out of the hands of the general public as possible...only problem is.... i have'nt figured out a way to get paid for it yet...so not so different from Batman I have a day job repairing Cadillacs,Saab's, and Hummers (allway's makes me laugh when i say that stupid name for a vehicle) :BLAA: :rockon: :rockon:

Caz

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't believe I haven't posted here!

Well my day is like this:

I roll into work sometime between 9:30 and 10am and clock in. Then I will help push about 20 motorcycles from inside to outside. Usually I will then go outside and ride ATV's for a bit. After that it is time to click onto Yamaha FZ6 Forum Community and see what kind of trouble people have gotten into. Perhaps OMG_WTF has found something to freak out about that I can let him know is totally normal. "Boom, problem solved!" After saving the world, I make sure my guys have plenty to do for the day and that if parts have arrived for a job, we get to work on it.

Around 12:30 I go pick out a motorcycle to demo and go on "lunch hour." Fifty minutes later I hit a fast food joint and fly back to work to eat at my desk. Usually there are several customer issues that need to be handled. No big deal.

"I am sorry sir, your bike is not done. I know you need it by yesterday, sir, but your parts are coming from Austria. No, I have no way to track them but I assure you we are ready to drop everything and take care of YOUR problem as soon as parts arrive." Boom! Problem solved.

More Yamaha FZ6 Forum Community

At some point in the afternoon I will go practice wheelies in the big gravel lot on a used sport atv or something like that. Really relieves stress. "Got that bike done? Cool. Let me go make sure it will still go top speed."

About thirty minutes to quitting time, I will go push motorcycles and ride atvs one more time.

I also have paperwork and stuff, but usually that can wait. I don't need it stressing me out. At least not to the point that it takes more than wheelies to cure.

almost a carbon copy of my day, but i don't push bikes around, i have "boy's" to do that for me ;)

I'm a service advisor and VICROADS delegate for Australias No1 Yamaha Dealership.
I spend my day dealing with bike issues and keeping the guys busy. sometimes I head into the workshop and help, lol, I hold tools and push or pull things hahaha.
I ride every bike that comes into the workshop, except the crashed ones.
I help manage a team of 6 mechanics and an apprentice. We do everyhting from general servicing, major repairs and crash repairs. We also take care of all the assembly and pre delivery of all new bikes and get the second hand ones up to par ready for sale. I've been here for 18 months and love it, I refused to come back to work after 9 years until I found a job working with bikes, and this job had my name written all over it.

i'm also currently studying part time for a diploma in workplace training so I can oneday be a motorcycle riding instructor.

Prior to working at yamaha, I had 9 years of self funded retirement, living off the rent from a couple of pub's that my father and his family owned before he passed away and left his share to my brother and I. my brother was young and blew all his dough, me, I bought property and lived rent free ever since.

Before that I worked for BP oil, I helped run a network truckstops for them for 17 years.

zamolxes

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, about OMG_WTF description... browsing, chatting and ensuring the company network, storage and internet access links stays up so people can lose even more time updating their Facebook profiles. UNIX/CISCO administrator in other words.

NavyRider

Reaction score
Visit site
Soon to be air traffic controller as well. Currently an ATC undergrad at the University of North Dakota graduating in May. Also in the Navy Reserve and am off to a few training courses for a little under a year starting in June. Will probably still be waiting for my spot in the FAA when I get back from active duty.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Salesman for the last year
was a photographer for the same company for 2 years before that.

Basically I get paid to travel 7 months out of the year to sell pictures and get contracts signed.........

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
I am a process operator at a oil refinery. I work in the sulfur plant. Pretty easy job for the most part, but the best thing is the shift work. I would hate a straight day job. I like having days off durring the week.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am a charge nurse in the emergency department.
I am responsible for allocating the workload to the doctors and nurses. Overseeing patient care and basically running the shift.

I spend a good amount of my time addressing complaints for patient's who feel that they wait to long to be seen and breaking bad news to family and loved ones. The job is very challenging and very rewarding.

I am also an advanced life support instructor for adults and paeds.

Nelly:thumbup:

Last edited:

gilesc

Reaction score
Visit site
Been an undergraduate law professor for the last 8 years. Giving it up this year to practice law. I love teaching but the administration baffles me. Before going to law school I was a machine designer.

ecudoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Full time student trying to maintain above a 3.75 GPA to get into Med-School when i graduate in a year with a BS in biology and a secondary in Nutrition and Dietetics..

So basically I'M BROKE!!

robaho

Reaction score
Visit site
I started out my adult life working as a Civil Engineering Technician, and spent 15 years in the industry.
Currently, I am a truck driver for one of the largest trucking companies in the United States. A word of advice for my fellow riders - don't ride next to a truck any longer than you absolutely have to!

Last edited:

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
High School special ed teacher (math and school=to-work), mom, and looking for a job as a high school guidance counselor.

three full time jobs. only get paid for one though....