What do I do with this ball mount?

nthdegreeburns

Reaction score
Visit site
So, I bought my 2007 FZ6 3 months ago, and it came with a ball mount and an SAE pig tail already installed. The ball mount is on the left handlebar. It doesn't have any electrics attached to it. There's a an SAE pigtail on the right handlebar near the front brake. I've used it to trickle charge the battery.

What can I use the ball mount for other than a GPS? I don't really use the GPS units -- more my phone. Is this ball mount going to be universal with accessories for things like iPhones? Is that sort of a standard fit thing?

As for the pigtail, what's that useful for other than trickle charging? I would be concerned about wiring in a USB charger port for a phone on the ball mount or even in my tank bag. Risk of getting tangled while steering?

Any input would be welcome. If there's use I can get out of both, I'd love tips / ideas / vendor recommendations.

Thx,
nthdegreeburns

Last edited:

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Does it look something like this?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/RAM-Mount-Zinc-Coated-U-Bolt/dp/B0012TWRAO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1371133354&sr=8-5&keywords=ram+mount]Amazon.com: RAM Mount Zinc Coated U-Bolt Base w/1" Ball: Electronics[/ame]